Toronto 700 Bay Street | 94.79m | 32s | KingSett Capital | BDP Quadrangle

I thought I read somewhere in this thread that they’re planning to reclad the original building (presumably to match the addition). Is that true?

I thought I read somewhere in this thread that they’re planning to reclad the original building (presumably to match the addition). Is that true?
Yes, Kingsett intends to reclad the old building to match.

WOW that cladding on the second last photo is horrendous ...

Distressed (dented) panels are very expensive now, due to their resemblance to most cars sitting in public parking lots.

At least now the ROM crystal falls to second place in the wtf cladding race.

Fri Jun 19, 2020

DSCN7203.JPG

DSCN7205.JPG

fullsizeoutput_3bc8.jpeg

DSCN7213.JPG

DSCN7214.JPG

I've been out of the city for a bit, and I used to live near this building:

OMG- what a grotesque shock. I always thought LuCliff place was damn ugly, but against all odds, this is much, much worse. Even if they had simply taken their cue from the rote '70's 'oatmeal panel' facade of the original it would be a better result.

I've been out of the city for a bit, and I used to live near this building:

OMG- what a grotesque shock. I always thought LuCliff place was damn ugly, but against all odds, this is much, much worse. Even if they had simply taken their cue from the rote '70's 'oatmeal panel' facade of the original it would be a better result.

If memory serves me, the original rendering promised something decent. After de-value engineering we ended up with this crap. It's yet another building where one has to wait for re-development or re-cladding before it's even finished. Maybe in 2060 there will be something attractive on this site?

I don't mind LuCliffe Place, heck the office portion looks pretty good IMO....but this addition is awful. I think I'd be more okay with it if it didnt seem like it was infecting te original building with a tumour on the top....thattop area is the worst part.

I agree. I personally quite liked the new tower addition (simple and elegant, to my eyes), but that addition on top is just dreadful, and that grey-brown is just gross. It corrupted the rest of the project. Too bad they couldn't have made that tower 10 storeys taller and skipped the slab addition.

Back