Toronto 500 Sherbourne | ?m | 34s | Times Group | Northgrave

21 May 2009 photo update

I missed the best shot--from Jarvis St you can get a clear view of the west facade--it looks okay actually, compared to the 70's hulks or even Verve.

dsc00293w.jpg

Monthly parking and locker fees

I noticed from 500 Sherboune website that this building charge $20 for parking and $5 for locker per month on top of regular condo fees.

I understand some small unit owner may not own a parking (not eligible to purchase with unit under 700 sq. ft). But I don't know this happening with other new condos, such as college park, lumiere, uptown, murano etc...every unit pays as per its sq. ft.

Any comments?

I noticed from 500 Sherboune website that this building charge $20 for parking and $5 for locker per month on top of regular condo fees.

I understand some small unit owner may not own a parking (not eligible to purchase with unit under 700 sq. ft). But I don't know this happening with other new condos, such as college park, lumiere, uptown, murano etc...every unit pays as per its sq. ft.

Any comments?

The monthly maintenance fess quoted in the sales info do not include those for parking and locker, which are billed additionally for those who have them.

Any comments?

This is always the case, not just in new condos. In my 12+ year townhouse condo you pay separately for your parking and locker as you described.

How many floors left?

I counted 35 completed. I"m assuming an extra floor or 2 for the mechanical unit?

May 25th

From Wellesley Street, west of Jarvis

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

May 29th Update

From Sherbourne Street, north of the 500 site

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Still on the fence with this one.

The colour of the yellow precast sucks, had it have been gray it might have worked (although boring and depressing looking). One could push it and call it yellow-ish beige, but it still sucks. From a distance or at night it's fine, up close it's not good at all.

The colour of the yellow precast sucks, had it have been gray it might have worked (although boring and depressing looking). One could push it and call it yellow-ish beige, but it still sucks. From a distance or at night it's fine, up close it's not good at all.
The color of the precast looks nothing like the model...the model was a grey/taupe/beige kind of color...which at least would have matched with the grey windows.

But grey and yellow/cream just don't match. Apparently some owners have called in and complained about the color....

Considering the context, I think it's a decent building. Compared to everything else in St. Jamestown, this is an upgrade.

Back