Toronto 500 Sherbourne | ?m | 34s | Times Group | Northgrave

From Feb 2, 2008

500sherbourne3.jpg

500sherbourne2.jpg

500sherbourne1.jpg

Wow, I had no idea the footprint of this one would be so large. I guess they won't need to go deep then for the parking, so maybe we'll see it out of the ground by the end of the year.

March 15th Update

The first two pictures are photographed from Sherbourne Street facing west, the 3rd picture is at the west end of the site facing east and the 4th from above.

PICT1350.jpg

PICT1351.jpg

PICT1357.jpg

PICT1371.jpg

great pics as always! really like that last one as it gives us a better idea of the immediate neighbourhood. Nice mix of buildings. Those low-rise buildings with the rooftop patios look quite decent (atleast from above) 500 Sherbourne looks like it will complete this block nicely...

What a giant POS this building will be! Completely wrecking the view of that lovely Irish Catholic Church.:( Which btw may be the only thing decent left in the area!

If you're gonna build a huge building on one block, surely Stephen Teeple would've provided an architecturally better solution?

Lots of good things in that area. The new St. James Town library and community centre, the new low rise (Wellesley Central Residences), the highly contextual Wellesley Central Place, the amusing Ernescliffe Apartments, and of course, the three Spanish Colonial Coral Gables buildings, all about a block away.

Though I agree this lump is likely to be unpleasant at best.

crane going up today for 500 sherbourne.....

500sherbourne001.jpg

just as well we will be leaving this rental soon, won't be able to see Star of Downtown soon(some may call that a blessing)

Crane

FYI, The crane was erected Saturday April 5th :)
photo

Attachments

• DSC00026.jpg
    DSC00026.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 362
  • DSC00032.jpg
    DSC00032.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 345
April 20 Update

Crane and site on April 20th

PICT1400.jpg

/\ While you may not like the architecture, St. Jamestown is one of, if not the, densest areas in Toronto. So yes, it is fantastic density...

^ Not sure if anything changed the last (2006) census, but St. Jamestown was the densest census tract in the country - so it is some "fantastic density".

Back