Toronto 50 Bloor Street West | 230.11m | 70s | Morguard Corporation | Pellow + Associates

So it is saying 600 units for 83 storeys? must be some commercial in the mix or some decent sized condos, cuz aura listed 918 units before the 3 storey increase.... Think we might indeed have a supertall here folks

This is amazing news. Maybe this could eventually stretch the downtown skyline north to Bloor, with this building comprising a northern end and Aura and others filling in the middle.

Picture the view from riverdale park! the skyline has always traditionally been viewed from the south but the east and west views of downtown will soon dominate as the skyline creeps north

Wow, this is big news. Hopefuly it's an Alsop and not an aA "CD case tower" as Towered once so aptly put it.

BTW, is 50 Bloor West Holts, or the building with the HMV/RW&Co/Zara beside it?

With the application in, I expect the development proposal billboard will be going up soon, and a line drawing should pop up here not too long from now.

Putting a spire like Trump's on this thing will almost assure supertall status.

Remember supertall status is 300m metric, 1000ft (305m) imperial.

I hope there is a loblaws in the base of this thing- all the new condos in Yorkville could use a good grocery store. The design better be city-changing!! Excited.

Just to pour a bucket of cold water on everyone... Marcanadian at SSC raised the point that if the Tall Buildings Guidelines are adopted, this proposal ain't happening.

Downtown Vision Height Map

The maximum height allowed for that location would be 137m, and those maximums are set in stone, with no exceptions (other than already approved buildings) allowed, that I know of.

Last edited:
Just to pour a bucket of cold water on everyone... Marcanadian at SSC raised the point that if the Tall Buildings Guidelines are adopted, this proposal ain't happening.

The maximum height allowed for that location would be 137m, and those maximums are set in stone, with no exceptions (other than already approved buildings) allowed, that I know of.

Yeah you never know, im hoping this vision gets shot down by city council till after the boom

A City in as much Financial Hurt as Toronto is game for anything. Anyways the tall building guidelines proposal
is just that. A proposal, not likely to get far with this council.

Yeah you never know, im hoping this vision gets shot down by city council till after the boom

We can only hope. Of course, there is always the OMB which has the power to override the Tall Building Guidelines if they are enacted -- but wait, many people on this site want the OMB abolished as well!

Wouldn't 1 bloor and the new FS not qualify either?

Back