Toronto 401 Bay Street | 143.86m | 33s | Cadillac Fairview | WZMH

Today:

25100593077_920c6a2a85_b.jpg

Is there anyone out there who still wants to come out and defend the butchering that Cadillac has done to this tower?

I guess at this point all we can hope for is that there is little to no maintenance done on this building, and the new cladding eventually darkens from dirt to the point that it gets the colouring and texture of the old cladding.

*fingers crossed*

I mean the ONE positive from this is it looks like it'll be a brighter tower so that's kinda nice if you're into that sorta thing.

I guess at this point all we can hope for is that there is little to no maintenance done on this building, and the new cladding eventually darkens from dirt to the point that it gets the colouring and texture of the old cladding.

*fingers crossed*
At this point i'm just hoping that someday soon Cadillac Fairview gets acquired by a competitor, so they can clean house and start getting serious about renovation projects.

splitting hairs but, again, chances are the white is just packaging protecting the finish.

Is there anyone out there who still wants to come out and defend the butchering that Cadillac has done to this tower?
It’s a tad late to save it now. The materials they took off are long gone I’m sure. Let’s give this thing a chance I say we wait to see it completed before fully judging it. That being said though. So far for me it’s hard to tell how it’s going to all come together. And those bands of off white or grey or whatever will be lite up at night yes? Oh sorry I had another look and those aren’t the ones that light up. My bad. But. The vertical lines on the glas do. As depicted in rendering. Better stick to what they plan here. There’s plenary of opposition to what’s been happening here. Must admit this WAS one of my top favourite buildings in Toronto. Not anymore or at least till I see the end result. In person.

From the 22nd:

DSC06766.jpg

Attachments

• DSC06766.jpg
    DSC06766.jpg
    690.4 KB · Views: 711

Back