Toronto 34 Southport | 99m | 29s | State Building Group | Richmond Architects

Discussion last week with a worker on site. They indicated that the first tower sold out in a week. Also indicated that the builder is seeking an amendment to the plan to remove the townhouses and add a third tower. So this project may be changing and density may be increasing. I’m ok with it if they contribute to better access to the lake and river.
Any news if there will be additional density here?

I always thought that those townhouses should be replaced with something else...

Any news if there will be additional density here?

I always thought that those townhouses should be replaced with something else...
An updated Site Plan Approval application was made to the City in late August, and it still reflects the East tower as Phase One and the West tower and townhomes as Phase Two. If they were to seek to replace the townhomes with another tower, then they would have to apply for another Zoning By-law Amendment, approvals for which would most likely take a couple years.

1640997175772.png

1640997207785.png

Does anyone know why is there an abandoned building close to this project at 157 Riverside Dr? Will this be redeveloped at some point?

Apologies for asking this question here, but thought that people interested in this project would know more about this area. Feel free to move it where it's more suitable...

Does anyone know why is there an abandoned building close to this project at 157 Riverside Dr? Will this be redeveloped at some point?

Apologies for asking this question here, but thought that people interested in this project would know more about this area. Feel free to move it where it's more suitable...
Fine here for the moment until there is some movement on that rather curious building.

With nothing on record that I know of, I can only speculate, of course. My bet is that the owner of that rental building found themselves in the same place that some older condos that weren't keeping up with repairs now find themselves in: an insurmountable number of issues to take care of, and not enough money. If this place were livable, I expect it would be lived in. What's keeping the site from being sold and redeveloped, though, is another mystery. Maybe an assembly with the site next door is contemplated?

Fine here for the moment until there is some movement on that rather curious building.

With nothing on record that I know of, I can only speculate, of course. My bet is that the owner of that rental building found themselves in the same place that some older condos that weren't keeping up with repairs now find themselves in: an insurmountable number of issues to take care of, and not enough money. If this place were livable, I expect it would be lived in. What's keeping the site from being sold and redeveloped, though, is another mystery. Maybe an assembly with the site next door is contemplated?

Thanks for your response! I'm very curious about this one...

It's interesting that after a lot of online search, I couldn't find anything other than it has been abandoned for a long time and that some people had complained about it. Also, the rentals next door look like they have seen better days.

I expected that I can find something in the Swansea secondary plan, but no luck.

Funny thing is that there is a note on the door from the city of Toronto, that states that the owner must remove the graffiti from it, but it says nothing about broken windows and tbh it looks like this structure is far from being safe and it definitely has bigger problems than the graffiti 😂

Hi, do you happen to know when this project is supposed to kickoff? Any info is valuable, thanks.

Hi, do you happen to know when this project is supposed to kickoff? Any info is valuable, thanks.

I don't know what it's supposed to kick off; but.....I might be able to offer an encouraging sign that it's soon:

1679409808747.png

That was February of this year.

New rendering added to the db. The rendering was taken from the arch plan via SPA. The unit count changed from 656 units to 704 units. The total parking count changed from 784 parking to 617 parking.

PLN - Architectural Plans - Architectural SPA Resubmission (Part 1)_34 Southport_June 2023-2.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - Architectural SPA Resubmission (Part 1)_34 Southport_June 2023-7.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - Architectural SPA Resubmission (Part 1)_34 Southport_June 2023-10.jpg

Attachments

• PLN - Architectural Plans - Architectural SPA Resubmission (Part 1)_34 Southport_June 2023-12.jpg
    PLN - Architectural Plans - Architectural SPA Resubmission (Part 1)_34 Southport_June 2023-12.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 25

Back