Toronto 301 Queen Street East | 65m | 17s | Berkeley Events | BDP Quadrangle

New renderings are updated in the database! There are some minor changes to the project information. The total storey count changed from 25 storeys to 17 storeys. Total unit count decreased from 206 units to 144 units. A total of 42 parking spaces are proposed!

The renderings are taken from the architectural plan via Rezoning Application:

PLN - Architectural Plans - MAY 6  2022-16.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - MAY 6  2022-16a.jpg

Colliers is advertising this site for sale.

1668113694521.png

Note the render, lets have a closer look:

1668113749598.png

Obviously, if they find a taker, no guarantee this is what we'll see.

Which, in my estimatation, would be a good thing.

Ha! Goooooooooood luck. I worked on this site a decade or more ago. It's gone through 4-5 owners since then, a negative board decision, a positive board decision and endless theatrics with various departments within the City. No thanks.

Ha! Goooooooooood luck. I worked on this site a decade or more ago. It's gone through 4-5 owners since then, a negative board decision, a positive board decision and endless theatrics with various departments within the City. No thanks.

So you're saying you won't be spending the offspring's college fund to pick this one up, even if it's on sale for 50% off? LOL

Berkeley Events goes into receivership:

Property still being listed for sale:

b378028c-b15d-425a-8ab2-fbb04e492959-w.jpg

Berkeley Events goes into receivership:

Property still being listed for sale:

View attachment 497057

"Berkeley Events goes into receivership:"

I am sure there are many many event venue to host weddings across the city. It's just depends on one's budget.

I can't imagine the bride and groom's feelings when their dream wedding day suddenly just vanished...
Worse than that, apparently no one will get their deposits refunded, many of which are for thousands of dollars.

Hmmmm.
"The in-place zoning allows a maximum height of 64.7 meters and permits a high-rise residential condo with podium retail and office uses, and a total GFA of approximately 129,716 SF.
Additionally, there is strong potential for additional density given the Property’s proximity to the Corktown and Moss Park Stations on the future Ontario Line, being within 500 meters.
A purchaser may acquire either or both of 301-311 Queen Street East and 315-317 Queen Street."

Interesting they are selling with or without the Church property, and the statement implies there is a possibility of a redo on the application that has already gone through the OMB to increase the height even more.

Back