Toronto 300 Front Street West | 156.05m | 49s | Tridel | Wallman Architects

Feb 3rd:

IMG_4658_zps7959c5aa.jpg

I think once the landscaping, entry, courtyard, etc., are complete it will be quite classy and handsome, too. I'm partial to black and white buildings.

I wish there was a way to keep the red Tridel thing (for lack of a better word) on the top. I kinda like the colour.

This one is looking better as it gets taller. Looks very tall in that last shot. Once occupied and the windows have white blinds, the white effect should be grealy enhanced like the renderings. A decent effort that might have been 10 stories taller had the city not chopped it down to the 157m limit (which is likely going out the window if the Mirvish Gehry project moves forward).

I'm not a fan of the appearance of this building - but it does have some of the nicest floorplans I've seen.

C2844DA6-18F0-4989-BB3D-B05E5154ACB8-845-000000B39BF33B45.jpg

Last edited:
The one thing about Tridel is there will be some thought and attention to detail on the actual suites themselves. You'll get good sized rooms, nice flow, actual bedroom doors (I hate sliding glass bedroom doors).

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you seen the 10 York suites? Definitely not the best layouts.

They look fine to me. The weird angle of the building doesn't help. Generally, though... they do a pretty good job. You will never see tridel build a bedroom with a sliding door that closes into a window like a lot of the newer condos.

livingroom5.jpg

Attachments

• livingroom5.jpg
    livingroom5.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 469
Last edited:
^ That is such a joke. I can't believe that's pass-able as a door, or as a room.

It is. The worst is seeing this in 2 bedroom units. No privacy at all. Developers get away with a lot of crap but can you blame them? People buy it up. The bigger builders (Tridel, Plazacorp, Daniels, Menkes, etc) don't do this crap.

Ahh i see you were up in my building on the pool deck again, somemidtowner! Great place to shoot from, isn't it? I should go up there with my camera more than I do.

Ahh i see you were up in my building on the pool deck again, somemidtowner! Great place to shoot from, isn't it? I should go up there with my camera more than I do.

Your shots from yesterday reminded me how many projects are visible from up there! Also reminded me how badly I need a replacement telephoto lens. I don't understand why my girlfriend doesnt like spending more time up there....its always such a chore when I ask her to visit.

It is. The worst is seeing this in 2 bedroom units. No privacy at all. Developers get away with a lot of crap but can you blame them? People buy it up. The bigger builders (Tridel, Plazacorp, Daniels, Menkes, etc) don't do this crap.

I really doubt people expecte to see a half-wall that protrudes half a foot from the windows leaving that big of a gap on their sliding doors. There's gotta be some sort of complaint buyers can submit. But then who'll read or do anything about it?

Generally, I consider those small one-bedrooms with sliding doors as fancy Studios. When they have real doors, then it's a x-bedroom.

Back