84.3 KB · Views: 398
  • Jan 13th - 9.jpg
    Jan 13th - 9.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 429
  • Jan 13th - 10.jpg
    Jan 13th - 10.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 412
Last edited by a moderator:
The balcony glass pushed this from passable to disappointment.

Why they chose to go with greenish balcony glass bewilders me. A darker tone (much like below) would have worked better, playing off the black.

aluminum_glass_balcony_railing copy.jpg

I often wonder who gets the say when it comes to the aesthetics of the building? If we can get it right (and by no means are we all experts), why can't they?

The facade of the northern portion to me symbolizes the 'Toronto" identity and look. Toronto is a city of opposing forces, left and right, cars and pedestrians, modern and postmodern, point towers and single detached homes, downtown and the suburbs. In some areas one force is stronger than the other, but for better or worse, they are fairly balanced. The look is disorganized and polarized but altogether it makes an interesting mosaic.

The tower is passable in my books.

Thanks for all the photos Sathish, and welcome to the forum!

This building looks good to me and seems to be Tridels best to date.
What being built on the site directly to the west of this building?

The color hasn't come out to be too bad... something acceptable in Toronto but what bothers me is just how Chunky, fat, and weird this looks downtown. It's just an enlarged apartment building with spandrel loaded on. If they made this slimmer it might have been acceptable but that view from Erin Mills center shows what I mean, 300 front is the most evident thing on the skyline (from that view) and I'm sure no one wants that.

Back