Toronto 225 Queen East | 121.4m | 37s | Dash Developments | Arcadis

I'd say a 50%ish height increase isn't exactly "nothing major" lol

This is going to have significant shadowing impacts on Moss Park now. How that plays out, we'll see. I'm all for more density at subway stations, but unlike some on this forum, I also don't think putting parks into perpetual shadow is a good thing. Not that this tower alone would do that, but the precedent it would create would lead to the entire park being in shadow sooner or later.

Last edited:
The Cover Letter:

1686114861263.png

1686114912692.png

1686114956919.png

I checked out the elevations posted in the AIC and there 45 floors plus a double-height (architecturally-enclosed) mechanical penthouse.

Might be an amenity space up there at the top. No height in metres on the elevations.

Either way... it's the equivalent of 47 storeys total ... depending on who is counting the beans.

Queen&Sherbourne.jpg

AIC link: https://secure.toronto.ca/AIC/index.do

The area is clearly ripe for upgrading and this process will be speeded by the new Ontario Line station but the presence of the Salvation Army hostel/shelter on Sherbourne is hardly a great selling point. ( https://www.torontohhs.org/shelters/maxwell-meighen/ )

Meighan is one of the worst shelters in the City, very over-sized, over-capacity.

It occurs to me, that the City owns Moss Park TCHC next door, and that they have room on their parking lot for an additional tower:

1686151288678.png

That footprint allows for 25M separation for both existing buildings and protects for a new N-S street on the east side as well.

You could build either a tower above a podium, or a much fatter midrise (shaving the separation down to 12-15M).

Point being, if that new tower was a mixed-income building with say 100 deeply affordable units, you're well on your way to replacing that shelter with something much more humane.

Tangent over.

Does anyone know if this tower has passed the 150m mark to make skyscraper status on its new proposal! Just want to know if it did it comes real close on skyscraperpage's illustration page lol.

New rendering updated in the database. The renderings taken from the architectural plan via rezoning submission. The total storey count changed from 31 storey to 45 storey. The total height changed from 103.25m to 146.65m. Total unit count increased from 340 units to 516 units. Finally, total parking space reduced from 60 parking to 40 parking.

I'd say a 50%ish height increase isn't exactly "nothing major" lol

This is going to have significant shadowing impacts on Moss Park now. How that plays out, we'll see. I'm all for more density at subway stations, but unlike some on this forum, I also don't think putting parks into perpetual shadow is a good thing. Not that this tower alone would do that, but the precedent it would create would lead to the entire park being in shadow sooner or later.

Has anyone seen any approvals that shadow parks? Seems planning is pretty law-less now, but I thought they'd keep this guideline

Just realize there will NOT be any pinkish- like hue coming from the windows. Which is actually my favorite part of this rendering.
False advertising. Not interested in the reflection vibe from sky or neighboring buildings. I like a rosé tint.

Just realize there will NOT be any pinkish- like hue coming from the windows. Which is actually my favorite part of this rendering.
False advertising. Not interested in the reflection vibe from sky or neighboring buildings. I like a rosé tint.
lol yeah I mean personally I just interpreted it as the light coming through the units. Not sure this is intentional enough to be called "false advertising" IMO 😂.

Back