Toronto 2150 Lake Shore | 215.75m | 67s | First Capital | Allies and Morrison

I love everything about this. The streetcar loop being in this development makes much more sense than where it currently stands, because now all the streetcars that turn back at Humber Loop can now squeeze in some passengers in the Humber Bay Shores as well! This does make me wonder, though, if we should flip the destinations of the proposed east-west lines: maybe this area will need a full-fledged subway connection, while the Waterfront LRT could curve towards Dundas West instead...
The OL should bear north on Dufferin up to Eglinton. That street has become a disaster for everyone.

Not sure what subway line you could direct toward Humber Bay, though. It will likely need that capacity but there's nothing on the way between that area and an existing or planned (OL) line that would really justify a subway.

Absolute bonkers that we get proposals of this size on a regular basis. In nearly all North American cities, this would be a transformative development. In Toronto it's just another Tuesday :p
I was actually thinking, shame on the people at the Celestica site at Don Mills and Eglinton for not having a vision as grandiose as here.

Absolute bonkers that we get proposals of this size on a regular basis. In nearly all North American cities, this would be a transformative development. In Toronto it's just another Tuesday :p

On a Detroit-based forum, I saw a discussion where there were some thinking Detroit has a housing bubble..............because there are only so many people looking to buy $500,000 condos downtown.

Turn your heads east young men and women; because there seem to be more than you think!

It occurs to me that there, there is much chatter if a single 300-unit building breaks ground. (in a year)

@interchange42 would be "don't over sell it; there's another one of those at 10am; then 11am, and then noon.

LOL

Either that or ....."only 300 units; we stopped tracking stuff that small last year"

Last edited:
Not only that, but they hit most people's points

Open area, different designs, different material use, food market, entertainment /theatre, no big box, employment all across the site... GO/LRT/LRV/bus station... On top of that provided additional solutions to mitigate traffic... Shifting people away from Lake Shore and park lawn if they are going on the Gardiner from Queensway.... And shifting the Lake Shore traffic headed to Gardiner up park lawn.

Yes, it will cost in terms of density... But they are going above and beyond with everything else to meet the requests of the community.... Except the community center and school which *may* be part of the plan as most of the stuff in the OPA is relatively high level.

It's far beyond everything else announced or even built in the area.

As it turns out, this is exactly what happened! ?

The Shoppers World Brampton redevelopment announcement kinda flew under the radar this week thanks to the Kraft site, but that is a massive redevelopment too! 4,275 units + 155 townhomes.

The OL should bear north on Dufferin up to Eglinton. That street has become a disaster for everyone.

Not sure what subway line you could direct toward Humber Bay, though. It will likely need that capacity but there's nothing on the way between that area and an existing or planned (OL) line that would really justify a subway.
Easy: keep the Queen line going west to Humber Bay. The Waterfront LRT can turn north instead, and they can interchange near Roncesvalles.

Getting back on topic, though, I'm wondering whether just building one school would be enough. I would want to see David Hornell Junior School or George R Gauld Junior School to be refurbished/expanded as well to future-proof adjacent neighbourhoods.

Easy: keep the Queen line going west to Humber Bay. The Waterfront LRT can turn north instead, and they can interchange near Roncesvalles.

Getting back on topic, though, I'm wondering whether just building one school would be enough. I would want to see David Hornell Junior School or George R Gauld Junior School to be refurbished/expanded as well to future-proof adjacent neighbourhoods.

IF the Queen Subway was built (as a streetcar subway), the extensions would have included The Queensway right-of-way and further extensions along Lake Shore Blvd. W. and The Queensway in Etobicoke towards Sherway Gardens
From . If only...

bd41-20101015-proposedsubwaysmap.jpg-resize_then_crop-_frame_bg_color_FFF-h_1365-gravity_center-q_70-preserve_ratio_true-w_2048_.jpg

From link.

What's needed on the current The Queensway and Lake Shore Blvd. West (assuming) right-of-ways is the following:

1. Replace the single-point track switches with double-point tracks? Similar to the double-point track switches used by the heavy rail lines in existance and light rail lines being constructed? Currently, the streetcar operators have to "stop" at each single-point switch. This would increase the speeds.

2. Remove the closely spaced stops, where they can be serviced by another stop or station further apart. This would increase the speeds of the vehicles.

3. Implement "REAL" transit priority signals. Currently, we have left turn priority being given to single-occupant motor vehicles instead of the 100+ on board the streetcars. With real transit priority, streetcars leaving a stop would be able to activate their traffic signals ahead of time as they approach the next stop.

4. Outside cameras to record violations by motorists who disobey the rules of the road that involve the traffic signals or streetcars.

5. Instead of a single track loop to serve the Park Lawn GO Station loop, it should be a double track loop. No backtracking for the eastbound streetcars,

This is insane. Etobicoke is exploding.

Projects like this will be necessary with increasing frequency if Toronto is going to add another million people in only 20 years as projected.

I had a feeling that First Capital would produce a high quality proposal here considering how much effort they put into their Humbertown redevelopment.

As always however, I'm worried about council meddling and value engineering...

This is insane. Etobicoke is exploding.

Projects like this will be necessary with increasing frequency if Toronto is going to add another million people in only 20 years as projected.

I had a feeling that First Capital would produce a high quality proposal here considering how much effort they put into their Humbertown redevelopment.

As always however, I'm worried about council meddling and value engineering...

Man if this is shocking people.... just wait and see what happens when the industrial lands on kipling starts moving.... oh baby is it going to get wild.

Back