News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.3K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 569     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.2K     1 

Toronto 2015 Pan American Games

World Swimming championships. I had to look it up too, so don't worry.

But my god people, what's with the "if X happens, can we get Y?" posts that we've been seeing all of a sudden? It's not like you can just snap your fingers and instantly bid/host these things.

Since dubai has withdrawn its 2013 world aquatics bid, do you think Toronto will fast track the pan swimming facilities to host the championship?

no.

I'm debating on writing a post that outlines everything that someone should consider when it comes to the business of sport. It'd save me a lot of time.

ok. Back to the games, I seriously do beleive the Hamilton staidum is at risk and a move to York university is a possiblitiy.

^ That would be great. Toronto 2015 should be in... uh... Toronto.

What do you base your prediction on? It seems like they're working out the wrinkles and there's little chance they'd move this stadium to Toronto.

Reading the Hamilton spectator, it stated that the owner of the ticats was doubtful a deal can be reached before July 1 the deadline. It also stated that, a upgrade to the Varsity Center would be prefred, but it is already hosting soccer, so I assume plan B would be York.

July 8th is the new deadline. Plus Bob Young today said "Let me be really blunt. I've said directly and really consistently from Day 1: I don't care where the (expletive deleted) stadium goes as long as we build it in Hamilton." With that and having Michael Fenn's as the facilitator a deal will be reached.

Thanks for the source.

I wouldn't like to see a substantially large Varsity stadium. It would overshadow the neighbourhood. York U seems like a good choice, although a new TorontoFC stadium would not only be the best for Toronto, but it would have the most solid backing in MLSE.

Reading the Hamilton spectator, it stated that the owner of the ticats was doubtful a deal can be reached before July 1 the deadline. It also stated that, a upgrade to the Varsity Center would be prefred, but it is already hosting soccer, so I assume plan B would be York.

If they bailed on Hamilton (and that is a big "IF") they would temprarily expand Varsity for Track and find new solutions for soccer. It is much easier to build temporary stands around a pitch (see what they are doing for the Lions/Whitecaps in Vancouver) than to build a new track and field stadium.....so temp stands on the west side of Varsity for the games (gone after the games) and possibly stadium upgrades (again temp) at Birchmount or Centenial and you can host soccer as well (in concjunction with BMO Field).

That said, they are not going to bail on Hamilton....having this be the Golden Horseshoe games made it much easier for the Province and Feds to support with $$$$

Thanks for the source.

I wouldn't like to see a substantially large Varsity stadium. It would overshadow the neighbourhood. York U seems like a good choice, although a new TorontoFC stadium would not only be the best for Toronto, but it would have the most solid backing in MLSE.
Giving another blank cheque to MLSE would warm the cockles of my heart.

Back