Toronto 1Thousand Bay | 104.85m | 32s | Cresford | a—A

I think for me it's not the architecture but north of college especially I find very unfriendly to a pedestrian experience. I walk it frequently and it's so sparse and windy. Despite the architecture actually being interesting. I know others may not agree but I think they spaced things out too much, the road/ sidewalks are too wide. I think when Yonge st developes all of its future high rises it will have a much different more inviting feel despite similar heights. Bay st I just find kind of unwelcoming.

I think for me it's not the architecture but north of college especially I find very unfriendly to a pedestrian experience. I walk it frequently and it's so sparse and windy. Despite the architecture actually being interesting. I know others may not agree but I think they spaced things out too much, the road/ sidewalks are too wide. I think when Yonge st developes all of its future high rises it will have a much different more inviting feel despite similar heights. Bay st I just find kind of unwelcoming.

Deep planters for trees (this issue has been dealt with in some ways with the bioswales that have been added), bike lanes, park space (Clover Hill Park at Bay & St. Joseph will address this) and condos allowing any patios would enhance Bay Street.

From yesterday:

DSC08978.jpg
DSC08980.jpg
DSC08981.jpg

Attachments

• DSC08978.jpg
    DSC08978.jpg
    775.2 KB · Views: 643
  • DSC08980.jpg
    DSC08980.jpg
    543.7 KB · Views: 621
  • DSC08981.jpg
    DSC08981.jpg
    721.3 KB · Views: 658
Aside from the balconies themselves, which are visually striking to look at, the undersides of the balconies look incredibly clean. I can't really tell from the photos, but it doesn't look like the concrete is just painted over but lined with some sort of material.
In either case, this is a great addition. While it's height appropriate to its surroundings, it would have been nice to see this done taller - especially given the 180m U Condo up the street.

Wow--alright, amazing pics. Thanks for those. A few points--the canyon is looking very serious. I'm shocked how filled in that area feels now. I also think that the south tower should have also had the uneven balconies. I think they look fantastic, and adding them, in an appropriately randomized way, to the southernmost building would look busy in a very good way. The effect is almost dizzying already. I love it.

Similar shots, different lighting:

DSC00435.jpg

DSC00436.jpg

DSC00403.jpg

DSC00404.jpg

Attachments

• DSC00403.jpg
    DSC00403.jpg
    658.9 KB · Views: 1,134
  • DSC00404.jpg
    DSC00404.jpg
    605.9 KB · Views: 1,125
  • DSC00435.jpg
    DSC00435.jpg
    321.8 KB · Views: 1,131
  • DSC00436.jpg
    DSC00436.jpg
    328.1 KB · Views: 1,130
yes, thanks indeed! :) Wonder why the taller U tower is taking so long to dismantle their construction elevator? Maybe it's just so prominent that I notice it more.

Back