Toronto 191 Bay | 301.74m | 64s | QuadReal | Hariri Pontarini

Sure, but Toronto is the banking centre of Canada.
And yet National Bank just doubled down on MTL with a new office tower being planned

It makes sense for National Bank to double down on Montreal, most of its clients are in Quebec and the eastern provinces. However National Bank also has an office in Toronto at 121 King Street West.

It also makes sense for Vancouver to hold the main headquarters for HSBC given the larger Asian immigrant population. However there is no reason they can't expand in Toronto either. They are currently situated at 70 York Street. It's a pretty small building. Who knows, maybe they could want to expand a little bit.

300k out of 2 million square feet is only 15% of the project. They are going to need several more of these clients to commit in order to really have a chance to get this built. If you add CIBC Square (2.7 million), The HUB (1.4 million), 160 Front (1.2 million), Bay Adelaide N (650,000), and now CC3 (2 million) you have near 8 million square feet of office space downtown planning to hit the market between 2020 and 2024. That's a huge chunk of space.

I still can't help but feel that perhaps the greatest opportunity for a major super tall is being missed. This building should be slimmed down and expanded to at least 350 metres tall. Pity!

I still can't help but feel that perhaps the greatest opportunity for a major super tall is being missed. This building should be slimmed down and expanded to at least 350 metres tall. Pity!

Aside from Scotia Bank (who wanted infinity corner offices) has a commercial tenant ever asked for more floors with smaller plates in Toronto?

5jkmN0x.png

ItpG9hA.png

I know we all want more height but that does fit in quite nicely there in Koops renders.

My god Toronto is beastly. I don't even think if you combined Vancouver's, Calgary's and Montreal's skyline's it would compare to Toronto's.

That's because Toronto is noted to have the second most highrises with skyscrapers included in North America. Only New York City has more highrises than it !

if YSL was chopped down to 299m, I wonder what will happen to this guy. it's proposed at 299m. any guesses how much they r gonna chop this one?

Also like YSL I see this design to get changed completely as it’s to nice and pretty.
Probably not at all unless the developer wants to.

City won’t stand for beautiful buildings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please, enough of the "sky is falling" prophesies. Planning is not a conspiracy machine: it considers sites individually per all of its rules and guidelines.

Back