Toronto 180 Queens Quay East | 75.5m | 22s | Rom-Grand Waterfront Ltd | a—A

.dwg

Member Bio
Reaction score
From the Development Applications page from the city's website, there is a document with some conceptual statistics. Looks like a midrise development is slated to go here, with three masses at 16, 11, and 20 storeys respectively.

RIo7E7P.png

architectsAlliance could very well have been retained to just conduct a feasibility study or concept design for the site, so who knows what will actually end up getting built here, but interesting to see that there has been some background work done. Based on the drawing title, the project was at the OMB.

Scale seems reasonable for the neighbourhood - glad to see that it won't be a point-tower development.

From the Development Applications page from the city's website, there is a document with some conceptual statistics. Looks like a midrise development is slated to go here, with three masses at 16, 11, and 20 storeys respectively.

RIo7E7P.png

architectsAlliance could very well have been retained to just conduct a feasibility study or concept design for the site, so who knows what will actually end up getting built here, but interesting to see that there has been some background work done. Based on the drawing title, the project was at the OMB.

Scale seems reasonable for the neighbourhood - glad to see that it won't be a point-tower development.

This sounds right, when I spoke to the Greenland they mentioned you'd have to be above floor 20 for a lake view in the future building just North of this land.

The Development Applications page on City website is not a building application. It is to formalise the land-swap the City wants so that Lower Sherbourne can be widened and realligned

178 QUEENS QUAY E
Ward 28 - Tor & E.York District

NOS.JPG

Attachments

• NOS.JPG
    NOS.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 2,785
Fair enough, but there is a PDF in the application that lists "Building Statistics" for a concept design for a development on the site. There is movement on the property for a reason.

Fair enough, but there is a PDF in the application that lists "Building Statistics" for a concept design for a development on the site. There is movement on the property for a reason.
Yes, to build the new east-west road running immediately north of this site and south of the development occurring on the north block(s) of this site.:
158.JPG

Attachments

• 158.JPG
    158.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 2,452
I get that; I recognize that the application is for the subdivision of a property and for the creation of a new road. What I am saying is that it is extremely likely (take the hint) that the proponent of the site already has a development very much ready to go here, and that the subdivision was the thing holding that process back. Expect to see a development proposed here soon.

I get that; I recognize that the application is for the subdivision of a property and for the creation of a new road. What I am saying is that it is extremely likely (take the hint) that the proponent of the site already has a development very much ready to go here, and that the subdivision was the thing holding that process back. Expect to see a development proposed here soon.
Yes. I certainly expect a development proposal for the south part of this large block before long but suspect that the 'urgency' is the already submitted proposal for the northerly section and the need to solidify the property lines.

Right by Monde? They could’ve gone for higher no?
Monde's tower portion is to the North of the site, adjacent to Greenland's phase 1 (40+ stories). This is the South side, where Monde's podium isn't over 12 stories.

I am assuming Daniels is the owner of the smaller parcel of land, where Daniels's sales office currently is. Remaining as a parking lot ? The size is simply too small for anything.

RIo7E7P123.png

Attachments

• RIo7E7P123.png
    RIo7E7P123.png
    369.9 KB · Views: 2,609
I was referring to where the Daniels sales office at, west of 178-180 QQ E. I don't think that's part of Greenland Lakeside

I was referring to where the Daniels sales office at, west of 178-180 QQ E. I don't think that's part of Greenland Lakeside
OK, yes that small parking lot/sales office appears to have separate ownership - maybe Daniels? I will not be surprised to see it folded into the Greenland project as it is a small site not easy to develop by itself.

The Daniel's sales office closed sometime back (June 22nd is ringing a bell for some reason).

Back