Toronto 16 York | 154.83m | 32s | Cadillac Fairview | a—A

4499B137-55AA-48D6-9CFB-2604404A828F.jpeg

Any updates regarding this project?
We are well in September but it seems that the work is still moving slowly, no new estimates on the new delivery time.
I think they are not progressing there...

Last edited:
Does anyone know who are the tenants in this new building?

Here is a bit of info
HSBC will join two other major tenants already confirmed for 16 York: First National Financial and a division of the Ontario Pension Board. During an interview with RENX in June, Sullivan said he expected the building to be more than 50 per cent leased within a short time.

View attachment 205125
We are well in September but it seems that the work is still moving slowly, no new estimates on the new delivery time.
I think there are not progressing there...

I contacted Joe Cressy's Ward 10 office to find out about why the switch over from the ice side of York St hasn't been switch the the MLS side for construction...haven't heard back yet. I want my sidewalk back!! Lol

View attachment 205125
City website still says:

ICE Condominium Developer and Cadillac Fairview will construct an underground tunnel, as part of the PATH, connecting the Condo to 16 York Street. This work will result in lane restrictions on York Street between Bremner Boulevard and Lake Shore Boulevard West for approximately 16 months. The new PATH is expected to open to the public in June 2020.

City website still says:

ICE Condominium Developer and Cadillac Fairview will construct an underground tunnel, as part of the PATH, connecting the Condo to 16 York Street. This work will result in lane restrictions on York Street between Bremner Boulevard and Lake Shore Boulevard West for approximately 16 months. The new PATH is expected to open to the public in June 2020.
This was the initial notice....there was a city notice saying in August the work would switch sides of York st.

I remember thinking 1 year and 4 months (working 7am-11pm on weekdays) seemed like a really long time to dig a tunnel across York Street, but I also thought this is a city project so they still won’t complete it within the timeline given. Wish we had some transparency or proactive communication around delays for significant projects. We shouldn’t have to be emailing our counsellor for a response on something that is so disruptive to the neighbourhood. To compare, Hines/CIBC Square is light years ahead of PCL when it comes to project updates for local residents.

View attachment 205125

I contacted Joe Cressy's Ward 10 office to find out about why the switch over from the ice side of York St hasn't been switch the the MLS side for construction...haven't heard back yet. I want my sidewalk back!! Lol
I spoke to a contact at Cadillac, and was told that the switch is delayed till November. However, I doubt they will meet that new timeline. I saw the tunnel, and it doesn't look anywhere ready for a shift.

I spoke to a contact at Cadillac, and was told that the switch is delayed till November. However, I doubt they will meet that new timeline. I saw the tunnel, and it doesn't look anywhere ready for a shift.

I didn’t want to assume there was low activity on the site in case they were underground, but thanks for confirming that not much has happened. The lack of communication (and perhaps urgency) is shocking considering the amount of disruption this is causing.

Thanks for the update! PCL is definitely not being mindful of the community. The level of communication to affected residents and businesses in the surround area to CIBC square from Hines / Ivanhoe Cambridge is outstanding...I wish PCL would do the same. CF has also not stated their goals for completion / readiness for the retail components in the base of ICE (part of the path). Very frustrating as this is a huge amount of construction surround my building and no word of any sort on completion updates.

Back