Toronto 1540 Bloor West | 91.9m | 27s | Trinity Group | IBI Group

24 June 2009 photo update

I noticed today that the (illegal?) signs have been taken down...not certain if it means anything.

dsc02303g.jpg

It probably means that a bylaw enforcement person from the City leaned on them. I doubt that it means much else.

The building looks a bit shabby, and I wonder if it might have been better to have left the signs up. :rolleyes:

It probably means that a bylaw enforcement person from the City leaned on them. I doubt that it means much else.

The building looks a bit shabby, and I wonder if it might have been better to have left the signs up. :rolleyes:

The signs were taken down some time ago by the city's sign enforcement branch of municipal standards and licensing. This means absolutely nothing in concern to the selling of this condo.

June 26

Should had shot the other side as I was leaving the station.

Not a great looking building as well rest of the block. One of few places I will support total tear down.

If this devloper or who every get rest of the block, I hope they will use the same base and tie into this project.

IMG_june-26-09-0001.JPG

I wonder how well their "green" theme/ideas are going to work in this neighbourhood? They may be just jumping on the "green" bandwagon to elicit more sales?

TAS has been getting greener and greener with every project they build, not just this one. So what if they are doing it for sales, they are doing it.

TAS has been getting greener and greener with every project they build, not just this one. So what if they are doing it for sales, they are doing it.

good on them... but i guess they have to do more than just "green" initiatives to win over the neighbourhood.

An believe me they have lot of neighbours, even people that live 1km away are fighting this thing.:rolleyes:

Yep and further than that. There building the Address at High Park so more people can move in and oppose the Giraffe. If all the units had sold by now I'm sure they would of gone to the OMB by now even with or without the TTC report or at least set a date for a tribunal.

Question is it the zoning by law that all condos to be built must provide parking? I would hope they get permission to build very soon since the Roncey Street Reno is being done to lessen the long term traffic congestion.

Looks like there has been a slight redesgin and new pricing.

"Prices are now starting as low as $360 per square foot. Prices have essentially been reduced as much as $50-60K for some units. 565 sq ft 1 bedrooms from $212,000, 612 sq ft 1+dens from $224,000, and 833 sq ft 2 bedrooms from just $302,000.

The major changes to the building are these:

◦Eliminated the roof-top garden/patio area resulting in significant construction and maintenance savings
◦Ceiling heights on lower half of building reduced to 8′ instead of 9′
◦Depth of balconies reduced from 6′ to 5′ (but will still have gas lines on them)
Deposit structure is 15% in 180 days + 5% at occupancy (standard). Parking spots are $28K (very reasonable). Maintenance fees are $0.45/sq ft."

Taken from Andrew La Fleur over at Truecondos.com

http://truecondos.com/giraffe-condos-building-redesigned-and-prices-lowered

Back