News   May 03, 2024
 860     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 536     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 263     0 

1233 Queen East | ?m | 8s

Do you know if they'll be adding the additional handholds under the AC units? It seems like this has been talked about for years without any progress.

They will be, although I don't know if they've modified the design at all. I know that there was some concern about the attachment points to the other stanchions.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

Why don't they deliver the TRs by train like they do the new streetcars? I would have figured they could deliver them to Greenwood Yard.

Why don't they deliver the TRs by train like they do the new streetcars? I would have figured they could deliver them to Greenwood Yard.

The siding into Greenwood has been removed for nearly 10 years now.

They wanted to be able to deliver the cars onto the YUS as they are doing all of the commissioning and retrofits at Wilson, and in the absence of a siding to any of the facilities on the line it was felt that trucking them down was the easiest/most convenient way to do so.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

The siding into Greenwood has been removed for nearly 10 years now.
I'd suspect it would be cheaper to re-install than the work that was done at Hillcrest for it to receive streetcars.

They wanted to be able to deliver the cars onto the YUS as they are doing all of the commissioning and retrofits at Wilson, and in the absence of a siding to any of the facilities on the line it was felt that trucking them down was the easiest/most convenient way to do so.
Isn't that 23 metres is the maximum length for trucking a big factor? I'm sure they could get permits to ship things that are 30 metres long, but that's a long way to ship such long loads with all the extra support vehicles they would need.

I believe the delivery track at Greenwood has been converted to train storage now, its not really possible to convert or else the TTC will lose the capability to store a train or two.

The H-6 cars were purchased by the TTC from the Urban Transportation Development Corporation in the 1980s at a cost of about $7 million per train set and first went into public service in May 1987.

Wow it's been a hundred years already. Remember unlike those damn streetcars you have to replace, a subway lasts a hundred years folks!!!

We heard of Fordmath, now we have Fordtime which is about a 100 Fordtime years = about 40 years normal time.

I believe the delivery track at Greenwood has been converted to train storage now, its not really possible to convert or else the TTC will lose the capability to store a train or two.
In CEO June Report
Greenwood Yard: conversion of CN delivery track to storage and T&S building renovation.

They're finally adding the extra hand rails! I'm pretty happy about this.
I don't understand how they could have been produced without handholds in that area -- are there no standards for maximum allowed area without handholds?

I don't understand how they could have been produced without handholds in that area -- are there no standards for maximum allowed area without handholds?

The real kicker here is how the cost went from $15 Million to $465,000 due "credits owed to the TTC by Bombardier". I presume these are credits for late delivery of this order?

Back