News   Jul 09, 2024
 771     1 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 1.6K     3 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 607     0 

1233 Queen East | ?m | 8s

Hmm Interesting, one of these days I'd love to drive one of these trains for fun. I suppose once you work with them everyday they aren't as fn to drive as a fan would think...

Hey what do they do inside the davisville yard building? is it only used for storage? I oftenly notice a train parked on the third platform, I like to believe uts to prevent us from seeing whats being done in there. So muc questions, too bad this might not be the right topic , so I apologize for going on a tangent!

Davisville puts out I believe around 10 trains for service and does all the Sheppard change offs. The barn does all safeties for the YUS line as well as minor repairs, motor replacements,compressors,driveshaft repairs and other minor repairs. The train you see on the spare track on the build up is either a train going into service or a change off going out.

You also got the work trains that go out at night to do the work on the liners and other things. They are store on the west side of the yard and can be seen from Yonge St, southbound trains as well the railpath.

When trains are by the third platform, they are either ready to go on line or just come off.

In the AM peak, there are 4 gap trains that run empty from that 3rd platform to Bloor St to help to move the ridership south of that point and having seats for them.

The TR will use this yard forcing the Sheppard T1's to Greenwood. TTC said the deadhead time to do this is peanuts. What kind of nuts are they eating to think this is true?? 1 hour x 6 x 365 x $250/hr x 10 years =

Are there cracker jacks with those peanuts??

Now, do the work train stay here after the TR's take over or are they move to Wilson and if so, some more peanuts please.

All the non-revenue rolling stock is supposed to end up at Davisville. They'll need to clear some out of Greenwood to fit all the T1s there.

Hmm, then whats the new yard they want to build for? For storing the TR's? or doing maintenance to the TR's? I read on the report that davisville wasn't suitable for the TRs in someway..

Davisville's 'barn' can only handle married pairs (2 car trains), and since TR's can't be decoupled, they cannot be serviced at Davisville, rather they can only be stored there. The new yard is not being seriously considered anymore, rather Wilson is to be expanded northward, and this was all a project for the Spadina extension, which when open will see more TRs delivered.

The plan in the near future is to shut down Davisville Yard and hand it over to Plant who will park all their RT[work cars] there.

The H 5 trains are to be retired

Some T1 trains from the YUS line will me moved to Greenwood to replace the older Hawker trains [orange and blue seats lol]

Davisville can not service the new TR trains as it does not have the necessary hoists, they can store and check them for service but that is it

Sheppard line will not be serviced by Greenwood but still by Wilson and Davisville

Wilson complex as we write this is being expanded, actually they have been expanding that yard as far back as I can remember. Every time I would come over from Davisville and Greenwood I would get lost in that yard, too many new tracks.

When Downsview was originally built the plan was to drop off the passengers at the station and continue through the north end and swing back into the Wilson Complex. There was supposed to be a barn for mechanics and one just for the cleaning crew. But money ran out and it was never built

So let me get off topic for a second and ask you guys something......

When we have a suicide how long do you think it takes us to clean up and get service moving?

So let me get off topic for a second and ask you guys something......

When we have a suicide how long do you think it takes us to clean up and get service moving?

Sharing useless knowledge is great, but put it in the correct thread.

Patience grasshopper!

My useless information relates to the TR train. So after hearing some specs on the TR and its plus points about the extra standing room and all the other BS it downed on me what are we going to do when there is a suicide. Presently when a person is pinned under the trucks we uncouple the cars and retrive the body, all is done in about 40 minutes. It will take around an hour to separate the TR train and another 30 minutes at least to clean up and another hour to put the TR train back together.

Adam Giambrone told me in a response to an email i sent him that the New Subway trains are still scheduled to go into revenue service in the spring! So lets hope they do!

Adam Giambrone told me in a response to an email i sent him that the New Subway trains are still scheduled to go into revenue service in the spring! So lets hope they do!

Thanks for the info. Hoists are visible through the windows at Wilson's TR car house. They are making swift progress. A report on the construction bidding explains how the TTC considers the timely construction of the new carhouse extremely important.

I hope they "beta" test the train thoroughly, so they can make corrections before they actually go into service. ("Where does this loose wire connect to?")

I hope so too!

On a side note I found this recording of a sound an H3 makes, its labeled has H6, but no H6 makes that noise, and the video says its an H3, what do think?

Click on the picture of the H6 http://www.ttmg.org/mgstudio/soundsb.html

Patience grasshopper!

My useless information relates to the TR train. So after hearing some specs on the TR and its plus points about the extra standing room and all the other BS it downed on me what are we going to do when there is a suicide. Presently when a person is pinned under the trucks we uncouple the cars and retrive the body, all is done in about 40 minutes. It will take around an hour to separate the TR train and another 30 minutes at least to clean up and another hour to put the TR train back together.

Can't they just back up the entire train?

They probably want to limit the amount of body part smearing across the tracks and cars.

Back