News   Jul 09, 2024
 830     1 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 1.7K     3 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 621     0 

1233 Queen East | ?m | 8s

Andomano whats going on with that TR in Kingston?

New Subway trains are still scheduled to go into revenue service in the spring! So lets hope they do!

Its January now, if the train was here today testing would take around a good 4 moths if not more and that is that there are no flaws or mechanicals issues found in them like we did with the T1 trains. So best scenerio might be early or late summer. Where did he come up with Spring?

I know

New Subway trains are still scheduled to go into revenue service in the spring! So lets hope they do!

Its January now, if the train was here today testing would take around a good 4 moths if not more and that is that there are no flaws or mechanicals issues found in them like we did with the T1 trains. So best scenerio might be early or late summer. Where did he come up with Spring?

Didn't Bombardier learn their lesson after the T1's mistake:confused:

Andomano's in Thunder Bay, actually. Urbantoronto's tentacles have yet to demonstrate their ability to extend to the Millhaven facility near Kingston.

I mentioned this some time ago (and unlike Agram, I'm by no means a TTC insider, so take this accordingly), but my hunch is that comparatively little testing time would be needed once the TR gets to Wilson.

The whole reason Bombardier/TTC are willing to spend the big bucks to ship TR cars to and from Millhaven is precisely because it forestalls the need to do extensive testing in Toronto. That's not to say there won't be shakedown time... obviously TTC staff will need a few weeks to become familiarized with the new arrivals and there are probably a few possible trouble spots on the Toronto network's track geometry that have been flagged for getting a closer look at how the new trains deal with them.

But the vast majority of the hundreds of hours of needed shakedown testing and fine-tuning and re-testing is being done at a facility set up to do nothing but that during daylight hours without needing to stay out of the way of a running transit system. Why else would they send it there?

During the winter break from university I was home in TO, and I've only been in Thunder Bay for a couple of days since. I've only done a drive-by of the plant, and there was nothing new to see. I'll update the status if and when there is something of note.

Spring extends from March 20 to June 20 (ish), as much as it sounds like it's right around the corner, it could be up to 6 months still given Giambrone's prediction/plan.

Toronto Rocket Sketches and edits by me

Toronto Rocket Sketches and edits by me

Attachments

• TR king.JPG
    TR king.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 302
  • Toronto Rocket Sketch.jpg
    Toronto Rocket Sketch.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 279
nice, though I'm not so sure the operator would be so happy to see you from that vantage point.. ;)

If you blow up the image of the TR.....notice the yellow step ladder how it is under the car body? That is a safety concerns which the Engineers dont like, there is a potential risk of workers missing the first step and injuring themselves.

nice, though I'm not so sure the operator would be so happy to see you from that vantage point.. ;)

If you blow up the image of the TR.....notice the yellow step ladder how it is under the car body? That is a safety concerns which the Engineers dont like, there is a potential risk of workers missing the first step and injuring themselves.

Thank's for commenting my sketch. I really appreciate your concerns about my sketch.:)

I was talking about the real picture lol ;) as for the scetch.......not bad :cool:

Since you are good as scetching would you be interested in helping me design some safety posters. Im currently working on a lock out/ tag out poster.

Last edited:
cool

I was talking about the real picture lol ;) as for the scetch.......not bad :cool:

Since you are good as scetching would you be interested in helping me design some safety posters. Im currently working on a lock out/ tag out poster.

sure:D anyways what is it for?

Last edited:
I'd like to show these sketches I've been working on, I made them for poeple who'd like to see the difference between H4's, H5's, H6', and T1's a lot of poepl I know can't. I really like the design these trains took, I like the H4's the most, because of the 'eyebrows' they seem to have;

as you can see I'm not finished the H4, Also I kind of had to guess what the trucks would look like. Sorry no scanner!

DSC02145.jpg

awesome

I'd like to show these sketches I've been working on, I made them for poeple who'd like to see the difference between H4's, H5's, H6', and T1's a lot of poepl I know can't. I really like the design these trains took, I like the H4's the most, because of the 'eyebrows' they seem to have;

as you can see I'm not finished the H4, Also I kind of had to guess what the trucks would look like. Sorry no scanner!

DSC02145.jpg

Awesome sketches may be you may consider sketching your Sketch of the Toronto Rocket:D

TTCboy13- Thanks I'll post the finished H4 and TR when I'm done.

Agram- If you read this, my I ask you a question? what requirements do you need to operate the TTC's trains? I'd love to do this at some point.

Speaking of H6s, I was wondering if they've been replacing the "plating" on the fronts, particularly the section at the top with the destination sign. I remember the boxes surrounding the red/white lights being black, but when I've encountered them in recent years that part looks more like a T1's. I hope I'm not asking a question that has been asked before.

Haha, these sketches remind me of my grade 8 art project. We we're learning perspective so of course I'd draw a subway train :)

Last edited:
Its a 3 week course which is done by our training department [OTC] the only qualifications you need are a valid drivers lic.

As for H6 trains, they are also slated to be phased out along with the H5 trains as we get more deliveries of the new TR trains.

Back