News   Jul 09, 2024
 771     1 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 1.6K     3 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 607     0 

1233 Queen East | ?m | 8s

Yes Dallas as the one from USA :D

When a train is found in the yard it is taken inside and cleaned by hand, it usually takes 2 employees a good six hours to completely take it off.

Is it happening often enough that its costing the TTC a significant amount of money? or do they budget for this sort of thing already? 2 Union guys at six hours each isn't exactly peanuts.

Thats correct this data base is only for keeping track of these people it is not for public use. It is used to match up their tags on past vandalisms and when caught they are charged.

I was at a private function tonight and talked to one of the engineers who is associated with the Wilson complex and he confirmed that the construction will not be completed by at leat March the earliest. As for the TR he mentioned that he could not believe Bombardier made such a crap first train, the whole train is going back on the assembly line to fix the some major safety flaws which are unacceptable.

Thats correct this data base is only for keeping track of these people it is not for public use. It is used to match up their tags on past vandalisms and when caught they are charged.

(I understand that it isn't public - these individuals play cat and mouse with *law enforcement* and willy-wave amongst themselves. They don't care a hoot about the public as they consider us ignorant of their artform and (counter-)culture.)

I was at a private function tonight and talked to one of the engineers who is associated with the Wilson complex and he confirmed that the construction will not be completed by at leat March the earliest. As for the TR he mentioned that he could not believe Bombardier made such a crap first train, the whole train is going back on the assembly line to fix the some major safety flaws which are unacceptable.

If this was the case with the T1's why didn't bombardier learn its lesson :rolleyes:

could you ellaborate on these flaws if its possible?

As for the TR he mentioned that he could not believe Bombardier made such a crap first train, the whole train is going back on the assembly line to fix the some major safety flaws which are unacceptable.
Too bad. I get the impression that a 2011 debut might be more likely than 2010.

The 3 people that went to see the TR I havent seen yet but I have heard some of the interior paneling was shady and the trim was not alined up with exposed jagged edges. Interior drivers cab was not all set up correctly. This sort of thing is not uncommon for a first production model. Do you think GM shoots off a model from the assembly line and sends it into the show rooms right away. The TR will be here in 2010 so relax people. Lets get the complex all done, lets get the mechanics trained and then bring the trains up. In the past they would bring up a unit at a time and we would get trained on them but in the TR case this can not be done.

The 3 people that went to see the TR I havent seen yet but I have heard some of the interior paneling was shady and the trim was not alined up with exposed jagged edges. Interior drivers cab was not all set up correctly. This sort of thing is not uncommon for a first production model. Do you think GM shoots off a model from the assembly line and sends it into the show rooms right away. The TR will be here in 2010 so relax people. Lets get the complex all done, lets get the mechanics trained and then bring the trains up. In the past they would bring up a unit at a time and we would get trained on them but in the TR case this can not be done.

Hi Agram, thanks for the information, it is a pity that this occured. Even though it was the first production, its a bit weird that they still keep make mistakes like that...

Anyway, I was upset earlier because I hate when things are delayed, but all that matters is that we get our new trains!

I found this picture that shows a T1 coupled with an H series... this post was about something else but I figured out I was wrong with what I was going to initiallyt point out.

subway-5301-14.jpg

Last edited:
Thats Davisville Yard, what were you going to say?

I dont believe the T1 is actually coupled to the H5 unit, it looks like it is but I doubt it very much. The yard is very tight and the SYO's park the cars as close as possible. The 2 cars can be coupled but only mechanically and not electrically.

Hi agram, I was going to say that they were both T1 cars, but showing the two different materials you mentioned, the cleaner looking one, and the dirtier looking one. But the diffeent vent design, and red rust on the roof made it look more like an H series.

Also i noticed that the front of the lighter car, on the top left hand corner you can see a diagonal ledge or ridge that the T1's do not have.

As you mentioned the vents give it away and the red markings on the top.

So I was talking to one of our newer Forpersons who also went to Kingston and saw the new TR trains.

The body panels are very poorly designed, when looking down the side of the train you can see waves [this has to be fixed]

The interior also has issues.......poor finish, panels not aligned up properly, too many gaps.

When climbing onto the train the top step is actually under the train body which makes is very difficult to board and is a tripping/slipping hazard. This isnt as bad as when you have to climb down from the train as that first step is under the car body and you can not see it. During winter months ice is going to build up on the step and when climbing down you do not see where you are steping on.

Thats a shame, its quite dissapointing, and unprofessional for such a company with good reputation. Hopefully these mistakes can be fixed promptly and properly.

Dont look too much into it, it is only a first run production model and those tend to be poor. Im sure the next batch will be better.

Getting back to the photo on top I was working there in "06 and might have been the one to have parked one of those units out side.......that picture was probably taken some time after 11am as those tracks outside the barn look full.

Back