News   Jun 17, 2024
 151     0 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 2.5K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.8K     1 

1233 Queen East | ?m | 8s

Could someone explain what the current hold up is with putting the new trains into service? I see a test train going along the YUS line once in a while, yet the start date keeps getting delayed. First it was the doors, then the ventilation system, now I heard the trains can't handle all day service? What's the deal?

Some things don't go well like they make it sound like in the papers and blueprints

I saw the Toronto Rocket pass by last Friday at Spadina station. I believe that it is close to it being available for revenue service, since it navigated through the turn well.

Turns have never been an issue for it. The issues stopping it from service are mainly H&S now.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

Could someone explain what the current hold up is with putting the new trains into service? I see a test train going along the YUS line once in a while, yet the start date keeps getting delayed. First it was the doors, then the ventilation system, now I heard the trains can't handle all day service? What's the deal?

Part of the hold up has been that the new fan systems on the trains are so powerful that when they were going on the tracks they were covering the stations in dirt, if you noticed they removed all of the ceiling slats over the track level on the Yonge line so that they dont have to worry about cleaning them

Part of the hold up has been that the new fan systems on the trains are so powerful that when they were going on the tracks they were covering the stations in dirt, if you noticed they removed all of the ceiling slats over the track level on the Yonge line so that they dont have to worry about cleaning them

That hasn't been a problem for almost a month now.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

Back