News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.2K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 503     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.1K     1 

1233 Queen East | ?m | 8s

The majority wont care what it looks like.

Are you sure? Many don't claim to pay attention to these things, but when they visit another city which invested more in the design of their system, it frustrates them that Toronto didn't. Meanwhile, visitors get the "generic North American metropolis" impression. If this city has any meaning beyond merely some place with job opportunities, then design of ordinary, highly-visible infrastructure should be important.

It looks like the BART trains (Bay Area Ranpid Transit) I used to take. If it's anything like that, I think people will like it.

So at first what will we see? Toronto Rockets and T1s on the Yonge Line, and on the BD line maybe the H4s will be gone and the remaining H5s and H6s will continue to run on the BD line...

So at first what will we see? Toronto Rockets and T1s on the Yonge Line, and on the BD line maybe the H4s will be gone and the remaining H5s and H6s will continue to run on the BD line...

Sounds correct.
Then I believe once all the Toronto Rocket cars are delivered the YUS line will be exclusively Toronto Rocket cars with the remaining train sets on the Bloor Danforth line.

First post!

Who knows if the T1's will last as long as other trains. It is evident that stuff today isn't made to the same degree of quality as older things. Take the H4's, supposably, they are very mechanically sound, just take the fact that they're,still running as proof. Compare them to the H6's, which have a lot of mechanical issues allegedly.

Decades ago, things were made to last, now, everything is 'disposable'. So if the TR's turn out to last, that is much better than something that looks like a spaceship that won't last very long.

They're supposed to have a 20 year lifespan average. By 2020 there'll probably be a new train set coming out to phase out the T1's.

Who knows if the T1's will last as long as other trains. It is evident that stuff today isn't made to the same degree of quality as older things. Take the H4's, supposably, they are very mechanically sound, just take the fact that they're,still running as proof. Compare them to the H6's, which have a lot of mechanical issues allegedly.

Decades ago, things were made to last, now, everything is 'disposable'. So if the TR's turn out to last, that is much better than something that looks like a spaceship that won't last very long.

TTC has a very specific taste when it comes to life, so if Bombardier cheaps out on the TTC, lets say it won't be very pretty 10-15 years down the road

TTC has a very specific taste when it comes to life, so if Bombardier cheaps out on the TTC, lets say it won't be very pretty 10-15 years down the road

What reason do you have to presume that Bombardier will "cheap out"? Has there been a problem with any Bombardier-built hardware, anywhere?

The MBTA in Boston had some teething problems with their Bombardier-built trains (Red Line 1800-series). That said, I seem to recall the problem being with the traction motor - but I could be wrong about that. So, I'm not sure that can be pinned on Bombardier but I know they weren't happy with them for a while.

Also, Amtrak had some major issues with the Bombardier-built Acela stock. Again, not sure who the problem can be attributed to but problems with the tilting feature and with cracking of the braking systems caused the trains to go out of service for lengthy periods of time and were quite the public black-eye for Amtrak.

Back