Toronto 111 Pacific Avenue | 96.45m | 30s | Minto Group | WZMH

Some friction w/Planning over the site plan?

Amir Remtulla retained to lobby on this one.
Certainly there was a lot of friction earlier on, but the proposal has OLT approval, so I'm not sure what friction there would be now. I've never heard of SPAs requiring lobbying efforts before.

Certainly there was a lot of friction earlier on, but the proposal has OLT approval, so I'm not sure what friction there would be now. I've never heard of SPAs requiring lobbying efforts before.

Me neither..........

City staff are quite overloaded so turnaround times on comments can verge on ridiculous in some cases.. leading applicants to try and talk to the local councillor to whip staff into prioritizing their applications.

City staff are quite overloaded so turnaround times on comments can verge on ridiculous in some cases.. leading applicants to try and talk to the local councillor to whip staff into prioritizing their applications.

It's bad enough that I've had conversations with councillors recently in which they have expressed frustration with Staff turnaround time on City-led projects.

At City Council earlier this month, there was a time when Mike Colle was speaking about applications in his North York Ward, going on about how he had SO MANY applications to deal with, and he couldn't believe how long everything was taking, and did other Councillors know this, and did they know WHY it was taking so long, have they not been hiring enough Planners, and on and on (and eventually he got a motion passed to ask Staff to educate the public on planning issues)…

…but for me, it was Councillor Colle, thanks for showing up to work finally. Over three years in and he's finally aware that there's a shortage of staff in the planning department? What the hell?! Insanity, he was talking like he hadn't had a clue about the situation until this month. That's practically dereliction of duty if true.

Anyway, it's all thanks to Tory's annual bring-the-budget-in-under-inflation-cut-every-department-no-matter-what's-happening-in-the-real-world modus operandi, so thanks Mayor Tory.

I assume the issue here is as described above by @innsertnamehere and @ADRM

But in a very odd quirk Mr Remtulla is listed on two more lobbyist registrations today......one for 255 Glenlake, and one for 66 Oakmount, all of which are essentially this site.

I'm assuming this is just overzealous paperwork at this point.......but I don't think I've ever seen that done.....

Anyway, it's all thanks to Tory's annual bring-the-budget-in-under-inflation-cut-every-department-no-matter-what's-happening-in-the-real-world modus operandi, so thanks Mayor Tory.
And we're about to have 4 more years of the same non-sense, so more fun to come with starving critical city departments with a lack of staff even though the city's population continues to increase dramatically.

But most Torontonians think he's doing a great job, but then they dont want development in their communities, because they think their communities dont have enough infrastructure to accommodate the increased population and there will be too many cars on their streets, but then dont want any increase to their tax, but then simultaneously dont want services to be cut either, but also want fees to be cut because they are too high.

Such is the Toronto circle of life stagnation.

John Tory runs Toronto like a business. Usually, people leave businesses at around 5:00 pm each day. A great city is a place you want to spend time in the evenings and on the weekends. That requires spending money on things that don't turn a profit, at least not immediately.

No new renderings are updated in the database. The building height changed from 100.61 m, 83.49 m, and 9.10 m to 96.45m, 78.99m, and 9.10m. Total storey count changed from 31, 24, 3 storey to 30, 24,3 storey. The total unit count changed from 689 units to 688 units. Finally, the total parking space count changed from 720 parking to 724 parking.

1678557771720.png

1678557800032.png

It's insane that for years (decades?), along with Page & Steele and Bregman Hamann, WZMH was one of Toronto's architectural greats. Now not only would I never, ever, consider letting them design anything, I actively give others in the industry the same opinion. Between this dreck and that appalling Timbercreek garbage up on Broadway, they're not worth considering on a long list...The less they're let out of their cupboard under the stairs, the better for all of us.

It's insane that for years (decades?), along with Page & Steele and Bregman Hamann, WZMH was one of Toronto's architectural greats. Now not only would I never, ever, consider letting them design anything, I actively give others in the industry the same opinion. Between this dreck and that appalling Timbercreek garbage up on Broadway, they're not worth considering on a long list...The less they're let out of their cupboard under the stairs, the better for all of us.

Not that I disagree; but where is the Project End adjective for their work?

I mean TF'ed; short for Turner Fleischered is now in wide use in the industry thanks to you.

LOL

If you're going to rightly describe a firm's work in such as way as diminish their long term prospects financially, as you rightly should here, you need to give them a PE' coined adjective!

Back