Toronto 111 Pacific Avenue | 96.45m | 30s | Minto Group | WZMH

I think you guys aren't reading this quite right. Sure, of course there are homeowners from the houses to the north who are against this, but for sure there are lots of apartment tenants here too; the HPTA is dead-set against this. They've been active for years, and they're very protective of the community.

You seem to be joining the background din which claims that renters never invest emotionally in their communities and are irresponsible types who don't deserve a voice—and wouldn't want one anyway. And maybe you're also joining the cabal that wants every proposal approved at whatever density is proposed. That's as blind a group of people as those who don't want anything to change.

The neighbourhood associations here are not asking for no development, they're asking for less, and it's fair game in our development approvals process for them to ask that. Planning will apply their formulas to the proposals, and they'll try to negotiate something that will be smaller than the developers want and larger than the locals want. Who knows where that will land.

In the article linked above, Cathy Brown of the High Park Community Alliance (representing owners and tenants) reportedly "hopes the developers will reduce the size of their proposal, and she hopes the community consultations will bring change, citing residents’ previous failed efforts to make a difference to projects like the Grenadier Square, which was approved by the Ontario Municipal Board in 2015." Too bad it's been expressed that way: they were successful in bringing down the Grenadier Square proposals from two towers of 31 storeys to two towers of 25, and from 610 suites to 530, so they had some effect.

Based on that precedent, I think you'll see possibly 80% more density added to this area, but not the 115% increase that's being asked for. The area's going to change substantially no doubt, but that still doesn't mean just giving the developers the full initial ask (and I doubt the developers expect to get that in any case).

Too bad these developers didn't buy up some of the massive single family lots on High Park Ave, and demolish those mansions instead. If they did that I'd be 100% behind this development.

The September pre-hearing conference was adjourned, and no new PHC nor full hearings have been scheduled yet.

111 Pacific Ave, 255 Glenlake Ave, and 66 Oakmount Rd

This application was considered at City Council in Dec 2019. Council supported the City Solicitor’s recommendations to construct two towers, 32 and 25 storeys in height, as well as a row of 3-storey townhouses. The proposed build will be added to the 3 rental apartment buildings currently on site ranging in height from 12 to 23 storeys.

New documents posted November 3rd, 2020. Architect is no longer HPA, now WZMH.

Tower B - 25 storeys

image--001.jpg

image--003.jpg

Tower A - 32 storeys

image--002.jpg

image--004.jpg

image--000.jpg

Image source

Unfortunately it looks like the above render is out of date and the current design is... well it's this.

View attachment 284651
There was nothing much I liked about the first Tower B (Oakmount Road building) rendering. At least this one
1) seems honest about where spandrel panels will be, and
2) shows a much better ground realm condition with plenty of brick.

Unfortunately it looks like the above render is out of date and the current design is... well it's this.

View attachment 284651
Actually @DavidCapizzano, the rendering you've posted is from a document created on September 30, 2020, while the renderings in the post above yours are from a document created on October 30, 2020. Looks like it's the less bricked version we get.

Some friction w/Planning over the site plan?

Amir Remtulla retained to lobby on this one.

Back