Toronto 1 Yorkville | 183.18m | 58s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

I'm suggesting the demand for units has consistently outstripped supply leading to a shortage of housing, rental or not. I would as well suggest the majority of purchasers very definitely care about looks and appeal, whether for their own use or to put into the rental market. My casual understanding of the market tells me most units are, or are eventually will be, owner occupied. Your suggestion they focus on price per sq. ft. and fees, only, over and above design, location, curb appeal, amenities, prestige, views, finishes - that makes no sense to me. The price per sq. ft. and more importantly, the price per 'usable' sq. ft. and fees are huge in The One. Yet, hasn't harmed their sales campaign. And I'd bet $1.00 American the majority of those buyers fully intend to set foot and live in all or most of them.

Maybe it's different in the middle of nowhere with cookie cutter condos, but in the core ? No way. This kind of real estate is not a commodity. It's an investment.

First signs of the cladding starting now on the tower.
8C38CF88-FBDB-404E-8F7B-F58583AC6AFB.jpeg
51054964-A8B0-4A73-B25C-89D451E1666A.jpeg

Attachments

• 8C38CF88-FBDB-404E-8F7B-F58583AC6AFB.jpeg
    8C38CF88-FBDB-404E-8F7B-F58583AC6AFB.jpeg
    274.6 KB · Views: 333
  • 51054964-A8B0-4A73-B25C-89D451E1666A.jpeg
    51054964-A8B0-4A73-B25C-89D451E1666A.jpeg
    199.9 KB · Views: 327
I'm happy to see the geometric shapes have been kept, though I wonder if that's anodized aluminium, or stainless? Stainless would highlight the form much more, but $$.

Wow !! Finally we see some action and it looks solid ! Would have been great if it had the metallic look of pewter instead silver. That would make the building look rich.

I'm happy to see the geometric shapes have been kept, though I wonder if that's anodized aluminium, or stainless? Stainless would highlight the form much more, but $$.

I asked a question about the cladding some time ago, and I was told that it wouldnt be metallic at all. It's supposed to be some kind of masonry.

Rode by to have a look this morning.

The panels do have a glossy (blurry) reflection to them. I've never been as encouraged by such a small sample of cladding.

Gonna look great!

Which, of course, is why we currently have the lowest vacancy rate for residential units Toronto has ever suffered. Go figure.

That's not actually true. We had tighter vacancies throughout the 1980s. The vacancy rate only accounts for units on the market. It's fair to say at least 5% has been pulled off the market based on speculations that go as high as the double digits.

The panels look great. The window wall does not. Why on Earth wouldn't they use mullions that are darker than the sculpted solid panels in order to recede and let the panels read more strongly?

Back