Toronto 1 Yorkville | 183.18m | 58s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

April 19, 2020

20200419_073955.jpg

Bought a unit here few yrs ago. Just did PDI early march. Inside building incredible. amenities amazing. Finishes great. For the people who don’t like the outside of the building - no hard feelings- and that‘s a good thing you didn’t buy a unit then. Especially for 700 a foot. And of course outstanding location. Excellent job..

will take pics at occupancy. My occupancy was suppose to last week but delayed bec virus. Like I mentioned the finishes, the unit quality , kitchen etc are excellent imo. I own other Freed original products and this one really good . Builder rep assisting us with our pdi showed us amenity area , pool area.,cold shock pool. Etc etc. The hallways look like hotel. High quality finished trims. Luxurious wallpaper etc. Some people don’t like the outside. But they are forgetting the inside, amenities and first and formost the location. Bonus that I paid 700 a foot in 2015. I bought a unit at Nobu as well. Can’t wait till people bash it here. I never comment on buildings that i havent bought a unit in bec who care. Everything sells in TO and everything goes up. When I bought a large unit at 400 Wellington in 2009 same thing- people in this site cutting it up. Now a first class building. All the negative comments were about the red brick exterior. They failed to mention boutique building on best stretch of Wellington in KW. But for those people who keep cutting up the exterior of 1yv- nobody really cares. I certainly don’t. Like I said no hard feelings. I have has agents call me over and over again to rent it to their clients when ready

Last edited:
I think, perhaps...you aren't understanding that a great deal of the forumers here are interested in and concerned about design and urban issues, with really very little thought (or care, quite frankly) to the ROI for real estate investors, as nice as it must be for you that "everything goes up". I can speak for myself, at least. Certainly happy to hear that, as you say, the finishes are of high quality - although I have a number of gripes with the exterior of this project, overall I think it's a win.

ok. I am happy for people who have invested in themselves,future and kids etc. I have never bad mouthed any project that lotta people put in a lot of sweat to buy. Perhaps this forum is more geared towards architecture, design etc. And not ROI. I do believe however most people who criticize on certain projects haven’t inverted in a unit there. Anyway developers don’t need to please everyone. If they designed something that they believe is great, in a great location and sells out- then the market has spoken and win win for most. Enough said And a apologizes if any of my comments offensive to anyone.

No offence! Obviously economic health and desire for ROI are necessary for the development of the buildings we discuss on this forum. It's just best that we couple that with positive contribution to our cityscape.

We just care about the architecture and design brah.... It's 100+ pages of pictures.
Indeed. A given the greed being shown by landlords of late, those who buy as "investments" and out of speculation would be best served to probably lay low for a while.

Indeed. A given the greed being shown by landlords of late, those who buy as "investments" and out of speculation would be best served to probably lay low for a while.

It's all about what you choose to believe. I've read about countless landlords cancelling rent or slashing it to help tenants. Hardly greedy IMO. I don't see anything wrong with these investments either because there is a demand for them. Who else is providing rental accommodation?

Off topic.

ok. I am happy for people who have invested in themselves,future and kids etc. I have never bad mouthed any project that lotta people put in a lot of sweat to buy. Perhaps this forum is more geared towards architecture, design etc. And not ROI. I do believe however most people who criticize on certain projects haven’t inverted in a unit there. Anyway developers don’t need to please everyone. If they designed something that they believe is great, in a great location and sells out- then the market has spoken and win win for most. Enough said And a apologizes if any of my comments offensive to anyone.
Relax, this forum did the same thing to 825 Church...(just up at Yonge and Church....almost kitty corner NE to 1 Yorkville). The building is far above anything I have seen since I bought in there. The lobby is spectacular. The view from my unit is breathtaking. But OMG is has BALCONIES! It's just what they do on here. They crap on everything, ignoring the fact that people actually have to live in these places. Buildings like Ice, have some of the worst tenant issues...but hey they look great from the outside. Just enjoy your place. AND DON"T AIR B&B IT!

Back