Toronto 1 Eglinton East | 211.25m | 65s | Davpart | Hariri Pontarini

I don't doubt at all that developers are looking anxiously at the south-west corner and the TTC lands of the former bus bays.

Y-E development will actually be crazy. For reference I've collected all the threads for the development of the various 4 corners of Y-E:

NE Corner - E Condos, 36+58s
SE Corner - 1 Eglinton Ave E, 68s
SE Corner - 2221 Yonge Condos, 56s
SE Corner - Minto Midtown, 52+37s, completed
NW Corner - Yonge Eglinton Centre Expansion, RioCan to 27 & 37s + 3s retail podium in mall
NW Corner - 36-44 Eglinton Ave W, 48s
NW Corner - 90 Eglinton Ave West, 29s
SW Corner - Canada Square / Eglinton Bus Bays re-development (potentially many buildings)

Plus the Eglinton Crosstown LRT and the relocation of Eglinton Station. Wow, and this is only in the immediate vicinity of the intersection, not even mentioning whats going on in walking distance from all directions of this intersection. Absolutely hectic.

Also Art Shoppe, 30 Roe, Berwick, Neon are within 5 min walk. If you expand radius to 10 min walk there are even more.

You forgot The Eglinton, 33s and my favorite new building in Midtown, The Madison, 33s, within the 5 min walking radius.

Art Shoppe, 28+12s
Neon, 20s
Berwick, 17s
30 Roe, 33s

With all these towers and two subway lines, I think it might be time to acknowledge we might have a Midtown core to compliment our Downtown core. ;)

edit: Keeping this post as a reference. There is also nearby:

2360 Yonge St Condos, 28s
31-37 Helendale Ave, 24s
Montgomery Square, 27s
Gallery Park, 26+28s
11 Lillian St, 17s
150 Redpath Condominiums, 38s
155 Redpath Condominiums, 34s
Allure Condos, 10s
101 Erskine Condos, 32s

Last edited:
Six levels of underground parking?!? And how much would you bet each one of those spots will go for?

I agree with others on the present building being a nice looking building, but MidTowner is right, the pedestrian-level leaves a lot to be desired and is the least used corner of the intersection which says a lot considering the two other corners are construction sites and the fourth corner consist of a subway entrance and the remains of the bus bays.

However it doesn't mean that the pedestrian level can't be improved. Case in point: the proposed revitalization of 3080 Yonge St.

101 Ersk ... as we locals refer to it (okay just me ..) is under construction now ... I'm probably the only one in the building who's looking forward to it lol as we have straight on view of the site.

Don't forget 101 Erskine, also within a few minutes walking distance.

You forgot The Eglinton, 33s and my favorite new building in Midtown, The Madison, 33s, within the 5 min walking radius.

Art Shoppe, 28+12s
Neon, 20s
Berwick, 17s
30 Roe, 33s

With all these towers and two subway lines, I think it might be time to acknowledge we might have a Midtown core to compliment our Downtown core. ;)

Also the two Redpath condos and Allure, if we're talking 10 min walk.

I'm skeptical that a new condo building here would improve the pedestrian realm at this corner, but if this does happen I'd love to be proven wrong.

With the new underground transit line and the insane amount of residential growth here, I really hope it continues to grow as an office area & place to work as well, if it's really going to be a "midtown core".

I could imagine a future where St Clair up to Lawrence along Yonge is a pretty high density corridor with mixed use the whole way. St Clair & Yonge in a way is already a mini downtownish node.

I agree. Yonge and sheppard may have much more development but until recently it was mainly away from the actual intersection. Yonge and eglinton is going to be bigger at its epicenter when it's all said and done. Although playing catch up the crosstown is going to help immensely. Hoping for more office like the rest of everyone.

Hope there will be more development (highrise and midrise) along the Crosstown route as well, between Black Creek and the DVP. Density should just exist at Yonge.

I don't doubt at all that developers are looking anxiously at the south-west corner and the TTC lands of the former bus bays.

Y-E development will actually be crazy. For reference I've collected all the threads for the development of the various 4 corners of Y-E:

NE Corner - E Condos, 36+58s
SE Corner - 1 Eglinton Ave E, 68s
SE Corner - 2221 Yonge Condos, 56s
SE Corner - Minto Midtown, 52+37s, completed
NW Corner - Yonge Eglinton Centre Expansion, RioCan to 27 & 37s + 3s retail podium in mall
NW Corner - 36-44 Eglinton Ave W, 48s
NW Corner - 90 Eglinton Ave West, 29s
SW Corner - Canada Square / Eglinton Bus Bays re-development (potentially many buildings)

Plus the Eglinton Crosstown LRT and the relocation of Eglinton Station. Wow, and this is only in the immediate vicinity of the intersection, not even mentioning whats going on in walking distance from all directions of this intersection. Absolutely hectic.

Also Art Shoppe, 30 Roe, Berwick, Neon are within 5 min walk. If you expand radius to 10 min walk there are even more.

Art Shoppe, 28+12s
Neon, 20s
Berwick, 17s
30 Roe, 33s

Also the two Redpath condos and Allure, if we're talking 10 min walk.

I'm skeptical that a new condo building here would improve the pedestrian realm at this corner, but if this does happen I'd love to be proven wrong.

With the new underground transit line and the insane amount of residential growth here, I really hope it continues to grow as an office area & place to work as well, if it's really going to be a "midtown core".

I could imagine a future where St Clair up to Lawrence along Yonge is a pretty high density corridor with mixed use the whole way. St Clair & Yonge in a way is already a mini downtownish node.

With all this development at Yonge and Eglinton, could the intersection and immediate area soon be 'bigger' than Bloor and Yonge?

With all this development at Yonge and Eglinton, could the intersection and immediate area soon be 'bigger' than Bloor and Yonge?

I really don't think so. A lot of those haven't started construction or even been approved. But even if all of them are completed, I still think Yonge-Bloor will be bigger. Also Yonge-Bloor has tons of development & proposals.

I'm excited to see what these high density developments will do to street life on Yonge between Bloor and St. Clair. That area already has a downtownish feel to it, just without the pedestrians. The same could be said of Eglinton Avenue West from about Oakwood to Yonge, which feels a lot like Bloor Street West. It would be great to see more activity on these streets, especially at night.

BTW - even though it seems retail activity is low on the stretch say North of Yonge -> St. Clair, the street is lined with retail throughout, a lot of which is fairly high end in nature. So they must get their clientele from somewhere ! : ) Moreover very little for lease in this stretch (less right south of St. Clair) where there are maybe 5 or 6 spots that showed up pretty recently.

I really like this red building too !

That building looks really rich and beautiful. Maybe they'll keep the facade when they tear the building down. Then build upwards using the same look as the old building. It will look real nice if they do.

Back