Toronto Whitehaus Condominiums | 107.28m | 31s | Lifetime | Turner Fleischer

Not sure what I think about this one ...

BTW, the restaurants you refer to above are gone now.

Oh snap! Chimichangas has closed. It's been too long since I've hung out at Y/E. Gamerama is actually a video game store on the lower level. I'm checking online and they appear to still be there.

Oh snap! Chimichangas has closed. It's been too long since I've hung out at Y/E. Gamerama is actually a video game store on the lower level. I'm checking online and they appear to still be there.

Ah yea sorry, got that confused ! Silly as I've been there a few times.

I'd be sad to see and the ebgames go though.

Chimichangas had two locations in Toronto, the other in Yorkville, they both closed.
The spot is still for lease actually.

I can't believe how bad the sidewalks were back then, it was a total mess, a lot worse then Yonge. They redid them all / added some trees.

Details released.

http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentAp...icationsList.do?action=init&folderRsn=3127406

Rezoning application to permit a 28 storey mixed use residential and commercial building with 234 dwelling units and 2,270 m2 of commercial gross floor area. The proposed building consists of a six-storey base building (23.63 metres) with a 22 storey tower element above the base. 148 parking spaces are proposed in five levels of below grade parking.

http://www.insidetoronto.com/news/local/article/1381863--two-proposed-buildings-prompt-block-study

Two proposed buildings prompt block study

Midtown planning group will study Yonge-Eglinton development

LISA QUEEN|Jun 26, 2012 - 9:59 AM

With two buildings proposed for the area of Yonge Street and Helendale Avenue north of Eglinton Avenue, residents are applauding a move that will see the city consider the developments as part of a larger study of the neighbourhood.

The first proposed development at 2360 to 2378 Yonge at the southwest corner of Yonge and Helendale is a 28-storey mixed-use building with 234 residential units and 2,270 square metres (24,434 square feet) of commercial space.

The second proposed development at 31, 33, 35 and 37 Helendale west of Yonge is a 24-storey, 231-unit apartment building consisting of a five-storey base building and a 19-storey tower. It would replace 18 existing one-bedroom rental units.

At the recommendation of city planning staff, councillors decided at the June 13 meeting of North York Community Council to consider the two developments as part of a block study bounded by Yonge, Helendale, Duplex Avenue and Orchard Heights Boulevard.

Also, although there are urban design guidelines and an area study to support the Eglinton Crosstown light rapid transit line, they argued there needs to be a comprehensive development plan for Yonge-Eglinton.

"The purpose of the strategy is to be proactive and to establish the planning framework in advance of planning applications," they said in their letter.

"I look forward to planning applying itself full-on to the challenges we are dealing with in (an) unprecedented spiral of development momentum that is outpacing planning in this area," he said in a letter to Stintz and Matlow.

"The pace of development at Yonge-Eglinton has reached the point where opinions in the development industry refer to Yonge-Eglinton as Toronto's premiere intensification area."

Uhhhh, this looks great! I love the tall ground and second floors. Great fenestration there - perfect for a significant mid-city node. I really like the suggestion of townhouse-style two-floor units in the balcony, and the (red brick?) cladding across the first six floors. Above, the tower's every-second-floor staggered design looks great, the pattern being real eye-candy.

This will look really good, both harmonizing and contrasting with Bazis' E Condos towers across the street, which are missing in the renderings.

Who is the proponent here? Anybody?

I'll take it ! Sorry who's the developer though ?

I love the podium, but kids... we've missed the most interesting part of those renders (which are fairly accurate) - what is the glass building above where the current canada square cube is on the South West corner of Yonge and Eglinton!?

I love the podium, but kids... we've missed the most interesting part of those renders (which are fairly accurate) - what is the glass building above where the current canada square cube is on the South West corner of Yonge and Eglinton!?

Those buildings caught my attention a little while ago as well! Interesting indeed. Actually if you look at the second aerial render looking south over the Rio Can building, it looks like there are 3 or maybe even 4 on that square where the old bus terminal is (now the staging area for upcoming LRT construction). Are those just some future vision renders?

Don't get excited ; ). There's been a very long term plan to eventually sell the lands where the old TTC bus terminal was located. The plan including the proposed built form, that is what you are seeing.

This has been delayed a long time (2020ish) as they want to use the site for construction of the Eglinton LRT.

Back