Toronto Ïce Condominiums at York Centre | 234.07m | 67s | Lanterra | a—A

With regards to the renderings of the roof planes made available to the public, the final architectural plan from aA which feature a more distinctive and enclosed mechanical level will further explain their application for increased elevation beyond the two residential levels.

so they are changing the roof element? are we losing the swiss cheese look?

There go the pricy south facing views of Ice I and II ...
http://www.tridel.com/tenyork/

Ouch.

Its to be expected whenever one buys in a highrise in an urban centre ... any empty parcel such as 10 York will have the potential to be developed so it shouldn't suprise anyone at ICE

Besides, the views aren't gone. No big deal if Ten York is south of the east Ãce tower, Ãcers can just look around it. They'll still see plenty of lake.

Those views are gone... all depends on whether that parking structure on the other side of the off-ramp gets developed... and at what height. Then you have to consider the development of 120 Harbour St... as well as that 1 Yonge St site... as there is the possibly of a 100 storey (which is rumour, at the moment.. but given what's being proposed in the area... it's a possibly... but the same view issues are there for Ten York as well.. those on the North-East corner, the North views and the East views. At least with Ten York you know that the West view won't be block until they take down the Gardiner. It sucks if you bought in Ice thinking you had a high enough floor to think you would have an unobstructed view of the Lake based on what was already built.

There isn't that much distance from Ice to that little wedge of land, and even penthouse owners at Ice will be looking straight into somebody else's bedroom at 10 York. I hate how little there is to protect home buyers from greedy developers.

What's going to happen to Gardiner? It surely is becoming a burden to this rapidly evolving part of town. Is this the end of the automobile for downtowners? :(

There isn't that much distance from Ice to that little wedge of land, and even penthouse owners at Ice will be looking straight into somebody else's bedroom at 10 York. I hate how little there is to protect home buyers from greedy developers.

^Absolutely ridiculous statement. The distance between these 2 buildings is at least double the distance between your average across the street neighbour on a residential street. Both towers in question will be set back on podiums, not to mention the 8 lanes of Gardiner between them. If someone is actually able to see from inside ice east to ten york or vice versa, they need to put down the binoculars and figure their lives out.

Ooh, when are we going to see the final plan?

The final architectural plan maintains the design of the second rendering, but with a much improved roof element that extends to enclose the mechanical levels and the modern angles of both roof planes will have more of a verticle edge.

so they are changing the roof element? are we losing the swiss cheese look?

The aforementioned look will definitely be abandoned for a much more aggressive, cutting-edge look to compliment the Scandinavian lines of the podium.

What's going to happen to Gardiner? It surely is becoming a burden to this rapidly evolving part of town. Is this the end of the automobile for downtowners? :(

Rob?
(And seriously? End of the automobile in downtown. This building is literally right beside an expressway, which is not going anywhere. Give me a break)

The view integrity of 12 York Street (57s) will remain mostly intact due to location, but several parcel blocks pending approval will definitely block 14 York Street (67s) views to the South.

And even to the north once the office component (16 York?) starts. Unless you are above the 40th floor or so of ICE II you're looking right into the office building.

But the residents of MLS have it even worse imo, who will see their w, s and s/w views obstructed by Menkes proposals, ICEs + office and Ten York.

As an area resident I too have come to accept the fact that there won't be much in terms of views when 11 buildings are under construction/proposed for the next several years.

Last edited:
And even to the north once the office component (16 York?) starts. Unless you are above the 40th floor or so of ICE II you're looking right into the office building.

But the residents of MLS have it even worse imo, who will see their w, s and s/w views obstructed by Menkes proposals, ICEs + office and Ten York.

As an area resident I too have come to accept the fact that there won't be much in terms of views when 11 buildings are under construction/proposed for the next several years.

MLS will lose their east views too once the parking lot beside 18 Yonge gets built.

The view integrity of 12 York Street (57s) will remain mostly intact due to location, but several parcel blocks pending approval will definitely block 14 York Street (67s) views to the South.

14 York Street sounds so bad when it's read in Chinese. 14 = definitely die. I thought they would choose 15 York to skip 13 and 14.

Last edited:

Back