Toronto Ïce Condominiums at York Centre | 234.07m | 67s | Lanterra | a—A

Beg to differ, considering the building program required the removal of a principal facade on the west side of the building - this isnt like 5ive where the sides of the building with minimal architectural features got removed. I suspect it would have fared a lot better under a MLS model.

AoD

Beg to differ, considering the building program required the removal of a principal facade on the west side of the building - this isnt like 5ive where the sides of the building with minimal architectural features got removed. I suspect it would have fared a lot better under a MLS model.

AoD
I would assume that it would have been much harder or near to impossible to build a 20.000 seat stadium under the postal building roof/footprint...
As compared to a total gut of MLG to build a supermarket/ice rink....

from today
20111203031.jpg

20111203034.jpg

Awesome shot, that last one!

You can really clearly see one of the Ice towers' footprint. Talk about slim :O

Awesome shot, that last one!

You can really clearly see one of the Ice towers' footprint. Talk about slim :O

ya, the curved footprint is fully visible from up there!... as for the geometry of the tower. i hope the balconies look good.. the shape is sorta rectangular with curved sides.. but not fully circular

Given the recent series of incidents involving two of their condominium developments, the leadership team at Lanterra have discussed impact opportunities to strengthen their already well established reputation. The state of construction at Ice Condominiums at York Centre and their attention to quality will remind their competitive set that this ultra luxury flagship development will accomplish that vision.

With regards to the renderings of the roof planes made available to the public, the final architectural plan from aA which feature a more distinctive and enclosed mechanical level will further explain their application for increased elevation beyond the two residential levels.

Back