Toronto Ïce Condominiums at York Centre | 234.07m | 67s | Lanterra | a—A

The beautiful thing about tourists in Toronto staying in the PATH by day is they don't get to see how ugly downtown Toronto looks during daylight hours! :p

Now, I'm slightly biased with my roots in Vancouver...but seriously, other than f&f and business trips, what is there to see in Toronto as a tourist?

The beautiful thing about tourists in Toronto staying in the PATH by day is they don't get to see how ugly downtown Toronto looks during daylight hours! :p

Now, I'm slightly biased with my roots in Vancouver...but seriously, other than f&f and business trips, what is there to see in Toronto as a tourist?

The question itself shows that you are not slightly biased

Well that explains it... I always wondered about your apparent distate for the city you live in. What's to see for tourists? Let's see...

BROADWAY THEATRES
Canon Theatre
Princess of Wales Theatre
Royal Alexandra Theatre
Toronto Center for the Performing Arts

CONCERT HALLS & THEATRES
Bluma Appel Theatre
Danforth Music Hall
Elgin & Winter Garden Theatre
Four Seasons Centre
Grand Chapiteau Port Lands
Jane Mallet Theatre
Queen Elizabeth Theatre
Massey Hall
Metro Toronto Convention Center
Mod Club Theatre
Molson Amphitheatre
Panasonic Theatre
Phoenix Concert Center
Ricoh Coliseum
Roy Thomson Hall
Winter Garden Theatre

OUTDOOR VENUES & ARENAS
Air Canada Centre
BMO Field
Rexall Center
Rogers Centre

OTHER VENUES
Docks Nightclub
Horse Shoe Tavern
Kool Haus
Lees Palace
Opera House
Sound Academy

SHOWS
Fiddler on the Roof
Grease
Jersey Boys
Legally Blonde
Little House On The Prairie
Mamma Mia
Rock of Ages
Young Frankenstein

SPORTS

Toronto Argonauts
Toronto Blue Jays
Toronto FC
Toronto Maple Leafs
Toronto Raptors

CN Tower, The Zoo, Casa Loma, St. Lawrence Market, AGO, ROM, Aerospace Museum, Fort York, Hockey Hall of Fame, Shoe Museum, Bloor West shopping, Eaton Centre... and another hundred things I can't think of right now.

how about
Greektown, little italy, chinatown, little jamaica, little india, kensigton market, allan gardens, the toronto islands, the distillary disctrict (pedestrian village with cafes, art gallerys ect. ), the waterfront, city hall, queen west shopping, carribean festival, brazilian festival, afro fest, pride parade, taste of the danforth (greek festival) the toronto international film festival - which is considered one of the best in the world, and countless new festival being born every year, drum circles at queens park, open doors, manifesto hip hop cultural gathering, its endless,

but this guy apparently has no idea of whats going on because he works and sits at home complaining about the city, and glorifying everything back home , i guess he just does'nt have the exploring spirit in him.

Seriously?

When someone complains about how there's nothing to do in Toronto, they are either extremely ignorant, lazy or just plain don't like this city. So, if it's the later, then just state this and stop hiding behind this silly, nothing-to-do here nonsense.

All you guys are just sad ...

I keep telling you, ignore him, yet you keep responding to his silly / pointless / posts.

It's quite entertaining though :)

I'm a great believer in twit filter. Unfortunately it doesn't filter out the twits when they are quoted by non twit filtered people.

I'll bite:

So there's nothing in the PATH for tourists to go and see, which is good because we want them outside experiencing the city. But there's nothing to see in the city so we want tourists to go into the PATH?

Yup hard to see the bias there.

Vancouver?! Pffft! A more over-rated city is hard to find. I'd feel like something was up me arse as well, were I from there.

I look forward to living in a city (or country, or even web forum) with enough self-confidence that, when somebody makes a faintly silly statement, heads don't start exploding left, right and centre.

Back