Toronto Ïce Condominiums at York Centre | 234.07m | 67s | Lanterra | a—A

So if its the same developer as MLS - they may not want more retail in a taller podium - because it'll compete with MLS across the street - unless they add a pedestrian bridge.

The PATH in the area is already messed up due to the connection to the PATH in Maple Leaf Square being above ground to the ACC rather than below ground to Telus or the ACC.

February 24

Still just a parking lot:
IMGP0427.jpg

IMGP0426.jpg

I just saw this proposal for the first time. Wow I'm amazed! I didn't think we'd see such tall beasts this close to the lake, but I'm happy about it! It's time for things to move south more.

I can't wait to see real official renders of this. Does the shorter building have an empty slot in the middle? That's kind of cool!

Like many others have said, the podium is rather small when compared to MLS across the street. They need to make something more complimentary to MLS, and that podium is not it.

So if its the same developer as MLS - they may not want more retail in a taller podium - because it'll compete with MLS across the street - unless they add a pedestrian bridge.
A taller podium wouldn't have to have more retail. It could be all offices above the ground floor. Like the new RBC tower.

A taller podium wouldn't have to have more retail. It could be all offices above the ground floor. Like the new RBC tower.

And considering that the City has expressed concern at the percentage of office space in the development (the minimum amount they were willing to accept was a bit higher than the amount in this proposal), it would make the City happy if the number of floors in the podium is increased, with the extra floors as office space.

First time poster

Hello everyone. Newbie here I am wondering if there is any new information on this project. Thanks.

just saw some renderings of the project.. there will be a huge public plaza between the buildings connecting Bremner to York Street.. it has an interesting overhead canopy with "swiss cheese" like holes on top and trees/lights going through it.. the canopy covers pretty much the whole site..
the buildings look sleek and very hong kong-ish. .they also carry that swiss cheese canopy on a cap-like structure on top of the buildings..

also took a look at the renderings... the one-storey podium isn't as bad as i first imagined it would be. the first few stories of the towers are inset a bit and the outer ring of supports form stilts a-la TD Centre. It looks pretty sharp.

Saw the renderings myself earlier this afternoon. Really Amazing stuff.

I could tell you guys where you could find them, but then I'd have to kill you.

I'll elaborate a bit more:

1-storey podium = series of one storey podiums + outdoor open areas covered by "swiss cheese" roofs

..hence why it's not as bad as I originally thought.

Back