News   Jul 22, 2024
 565     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 624     0 

The University line

What's the big deal with it reaching a former provincial highway? Yonge Street was a provincial highway when a subway was built underneath it.

Looking at Places to Grow, the growth in Region of York will be huge. Good transportation links are essential.

Looking at Places to Grow, STC is a transportation hub I believe. Good transportation links are essential.

So I agree with you. STC needs a subway.

I am not joking. But if the jobs are already held by people living in the 905 how can the unemployed applied for these jobs?. Companies would need to let people go and then jobs would open up in order for people in Toronto to apply.
Getting far from the thread's topic, but, again, the jobs are/were there for applying to everyone who meets the qualifications. Even if those in the 905 leave their jobs, it does not mean the current city population can/will fill those positions. And I'm sure your notion of "need to let people go and then jobs would open up in order for people in Toronto to apply", might be considered as discrimination? :p

What's the big deal with it reaching a former provincial highway? Yonge Street was a provincial highway when a subway was built underneath it.

No it wasn't. Not really anyways. It was a "connecting link" with 11 posted for continuity. Yonge has never functioned as a true provincial highway and has always been under city jurisdiction.

No it wasn't. Not really anyways. It was a "connecting link" with 11 posted for continuity. Yonge has never functioned as a true provincial highway and has always been under city jurisdiction.
Sigh ...

Okay, then ... hat's the big deal with it reaching a former provincial highway? Highway 401 is still a provincial highway and 2 subways have been built to that. Should we not have extended the Yonge line north of York Mills?

Getting far from the thread's topic, but, again, the jobs are/were there for applying to everyone who meets the qualifications. Even if those in the 905 leave their jobs, it does not mean the current city population can/will fill those positions. And I'm sure your notion of "need to let people go and then jobs would open up in order for people in Toronto to apply", might be considered as discrimination? :p
I did not say for employers to let them go, I said if the 905 crowd chose to leave due to traffic congestion of getting to work, then those jobs would be available. An employer is not going to fire people that live in the 905 just to get the 416 crpwd get the jobs. Thats not what i said. And by the way there are plenty of qualified people in Toronto, more than in the 905 I am sure.

And by the way when I was unemployed and went to a workshop we were told that employers do look at addresses. If for example one has an address in a not so great area (even in Toronto, for example if that address has been in the news, it does affect an employers perception of inviting that person for an interview as would someone living in a 905 area because an employer would be concerned that person may not be able to do o/t, due to Go schedules, etc, I was surprised at all that but ti made sense. I have worked i offices where as soon as that clock striked a certain hour, employees would take off because it was like "gotta get that Go". And I remember thinking it was not fair that they would be able to use that excuse for leaving and not have to do o/t. And if I thought that I am sure managers did to. And employers are returning back to Toronto to find "young talent and to retain employees" who want to work and live near by with no commutes. As the president of Oxford Properties said "The Canadian dream is to live and work downtown.”

But this way off topic from the UNiversity Line

Plus Yonge Street is 2 lanes both directions (not much of a highway) and hwy 7 has 4 lanes.

I did not say for employers to let them go, I said if the 905 crowd chose to leave due to traffic congestion of getting to work, then those jobs would be available. An employer is not going to fire people that live in the 905 just to get the 416 crpwd get the jobs. Thats not what i said. And by the way there are plenty of qualified people in Toronto, more than in the 905 I am sure.

And by the way when I was unemployed and went to a workshop we were told that employers do look at addresses. If for example one has an address in a not so great area (even in Toronto, for example if that address has been in the news, it does affect an employers perception of inviting that person for an interview as would someone living in a 905 area because an employer would be concerned that person may not be able to do o/t, due to Go schedules, etc, I was surprised at all that but ti made sense. I have worked i offices where as soon as that clock striked a certain hour, employees would take off because it was like "gotta get that Go". And I remember thinking it was not fair that they would be able to use that excuse for leaving and not have to do o/t. And if I thought that I am sure managers did to. And employers are returning back to Toronto to find "young talent and to retain employees" who want to work and live near by with no commutes. As the president of Oxford Properties said "The Canadian dream is to live and work downtown.”

But this way off topic from the UNiversity Line

You're seriously talking about 905 people giving up jobs so 416 people can get jobs? Are we really that petty?

At least now we know not to take you seriously.

You're seriously talking about 905 people giving up jobs so 416 people can get jobs? Are we really that petty?

At least now we know not to take you seriously.

Where did I ever say 905 people give up jobs? i said if they are tired of the congestion, the long commute, lousy transit they keep complaining about then quit. You really need to read posts before commenting on them. This is the 3rd time I have had to correct you,

Where did I ever say 905 people give up jobs? i said if they are tired of the congestion, the long commute, lousy transit they keep complaining about then quit. You really need to read posts before commenting on them. This is the 3rd time I have had to correct you,

Hardly. You sound hopeful that 905ers will tire of the commute so that 416ers can take those jobs. Gimme a break.

Should people who live in Scarborough really work downtown? Don't they take jobs away from people who live downtown?

Stupid comments and mentality like this slows Toronto's potential down. Scarborough is Toronto in case you were not aware

Back