News   Jul 12, 2024
 955     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 834     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 339     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Does anyone know if anything else has been added to the building since the pic above was taken?

Does anyone know if anything else has been added to the building since the pic above was taken?

I was at Eaton Centre yesterday (no camera unfortunately) and the sign is now completely up. It's an ad for the movie Superbad. Nothing else has been put up.

They were pretty smart (or lucky) to be the first to have an ad up...it got a lot of attention.

Attachments

• IMG_1580.jpg
    IMG_1580.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 205
At least they didn't put the frame up and have it sit empty for 6 months. I seem to recall empty signage at the Torch. Egads, could they possibly be putting up the signs as they sell the advertising space? It could be years before the grey is completely covered. :)

Seriously though, they closed down Dundas street and only managed to put up one back-lit sign?

Nothing wrong with being excited. The anticipation is usally a better feeling than actually seeing the crap after the fact.

This being a perfect example of that.

lets hope the LED dispays are a bit more appealing than the first ad that was installed over the weekend.

Backlit signs and even traditional front-lit billboards are common in media squares like this around the world. Besideds, all the fancy LED signs in the world won't save TLS from looking like crap.

It's really not that bad...in fact I think the massing is great. If that west frontage is covered with ads (the view from Edward St) then this building will be well, inoffensive in its grossly offensive way.

Back