News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 460     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
I wonder if the blue hoarding has reached historical status yet. Maybe they will reach a compromise that will see the blue hoarding incorporated into the final design. Its part of our history, people!

Don't forget the protection it provided when raining. It was a small respite of getting wet on the walk north on Yonge.

Maybe they could just preserve a portion of an old L'Oreal ad, or is that facadism???

Heck, if the Nightmare on Elm Street can be given heritage status, then surely the blue hoarding can as well. They should incorporate a small part of it as a memorial to the 10 dark years of waiting for Yonge and Dundas to happen.

This would probably be the only good time to know that gaining Heritage status is really toothless.

Tear down that old fashioned, out of date hoarding!

Toronto Life Square (Metropolis)

West building elevator cores are complete up to L9. Structural steel is being erected up to L8, detailing L7. Concrete poured up to L6. Steel stair started at Stair #12. Nose area structural steel is complete up to L4, decking starting at L2-L4. Hand-dug caissons work is continuing in existing Ryerson Parkade. The first 2 of 4 have been poured and anchor bolts set and the last two are underway. Masonry continues on Levels 3 and B2. L3 still on hold. B3 – B1 level change authorized to proceed with C5 drawings issued May 26, 2006.

Source - PCL

Re: PCL: Metropolis Update June 1/06

That thing is gonna be massive!

I noticed that pillars on Victoria street reach the edge of the sidewalk. In order to build over the garage, they're going to widen then building further on to Victoria St. I'm guessing they're going to narrow the street and build a new sidewalk.

I walked by Metropolis today and was really surprised at how it's making it's presents felt on the street and how fast it's going up. It's already making a huge difference in the square and I'm starting to like it. If the cladding is half decent, it might just turn out to be a pretty good development. I really like the basic structure.

It's starting to look quite impressive. I can't wait to see the first ads go up!

Spring 2007 is when the ads go up :)
I can't wait either.

Are the surroundings of Dundas Square an experiment by a mad scientist to see how much advertising people can consume without cracking up?

I wonder if the terror suspects spent time there?

As long as the billboards don't fall, I'm happy!

It sure looms huge over the corner.

Metropolis-June10,06(1).jpg

Back