News   Aug 12, 2024
 674     2 
News   Aug 12, 2024
 1.7K     0 
News   Aug 12, 2024
 593     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Hmm. Still a shame that it's gone. It was a historical artifact that should have been designated for protection, along with the blue hoarding.

Construction was well underway and posted about by the time the old thread died - I think it was amputated when ezboard had a stroke, then the 20 page limit ate the rest.

Any news on what's going on the eastern "nose" at street level or the lower two concourse floors? So many leasable units have weird layouts.

Wasn't the nose going to the Tim Hortons, or is that going north of the nose on the east side?

That's the nose on the east side. The Tim's is basically staying where it already is.

That lower floor location in the Eaton Centre sucks. It has all the bargin basement crap stores, but it does have the foot traffic you won't get in Metropolis.

scarb: the corner space comes with the space below it though too - over 3,000 square feet of it - so I'd be surprised if Timmy's took it. Some retailer that wants a street presence mostly for display, and who can also draw people downstairs to the acutal merchandise, will be the type that can succeed here. It will need to ba a niche retailer with a strong pull: most yobs don't want to climb stairs.

Earl of Novelty Fashion: I'd bet there's enough traffic to sustain both Shoppers in the area. The new store will catch people who aren't heading into the Eaton Centre necessarily.

caltrane: Metropolis will get tons of foot traffic on Concourse 1, being right between the street and the subway station for thousands of Ryersonians and others every day.

42 Esq.

According to the leasing plan available at metropolis.ca, there is still no tennant for the eastern nose. (That includes the fairly big connected part of the the floor below.) Johnny Rockets and modrobes are taking spaces along the Dundas Street frontage on the way to the nose from Yonge, and Tim's is staying put where it is on Victoria.

All of Concourse 1 (basement), which will have direct access to Dundas Subway station, is leased to Shoppers Drug Mart and a pile of fast food outlets, other than two spaces yet to find food purveyors.

Concourse 2 (sub-basement), and Concourse 3 (hell) remain unloved and unleased.

There's lots of office space available for lease on the upper floor still too. UT branch office Ed?

impractical 42

I can picture Tim Hortons grabbing that corner space and just expanding.

Really. So is Shoppers' going to keep its existing location in the Eaton Centre?

I went to Ryerson. And Always wished for an indoor connection to school when I was there. I finished Ryerson just as the hoarding was going up in 96-97.

So you make a valid point.

"the corner space comes with the space below it though too - over 3,000 square feet of it - so I'd be surprised if Timmy's took it."

Since I can also picture someone like Starbucks grabbing it, I can picture Timmy's making a preemptive strike. Who knows, the site may be worth enough for the lower portion to be left possibly unused. I'm sure it's seriously jacking up the lease rate, though, certainly scaring away some potential leasers.

"Some retailer that wants a street presence mostly for display, and who can also draw people downstairs to the acutal merchandise, will be the type that can succeed here."

This sounds similar to what Apple did at its 5th Ave. store in Manhattan with the glass cube at street level and the twisting staircase leading down to the store area proper.

...and what Mark's Work Wearhouse did in its prestigious Bay and Dundas location...

Update Request from Amsterdam: Did the Dundas Square stage canopy get completed? Pictures? I have a feeling that it's going to be a car wreck but I'm compelled to look.

Back