News   Aug 14, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Aug 14, 2024
 772     0 
News   Aug 14, 2024
 582     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
scarberiankhatru, I agree. I too worry about seeing too much grey siding. And yes, it would be great to see as many high priced, creative ads, as opposed to lots of backlit billboards. Bring on the neon and creativity.

We'll have to wait until Dundas Square steals the distinction of "city's premiere advertising district" from the Gardiner. Here's hoping that the completion of Metropolis and its associated theatres will "complete" Dundas Square and bring this around. I also really like the idea of an arcade that someone brought up... another high-flow, high-energy, late-night use of space. Doesn't Metropolis still have a couple floors of low-quality basement space that they're trying to find a use for?

Also worth mentioning that video screens are lower priced and less creative than even backlit billboards. Can the city bring in a neon-based-advertising tax credit? ;)

Good lord, from what I understand they are planning to launch advertising on those boards this spring even BEFORE the actual complex opens in the fall.

I suppose they can't pass up on the busy tourist season?

Louroz

Why would you need to wait for the stores to open to shill

"BUY THIS NOW!!!!"

on ads.

I'd rather have the ads up, blinking, and glowing ASAP. We all know what's to come, why wait for such a small technicality of the stores not being open yet?

Indeed I would imagine those would be prime seats for concerts in the Square.

I can just see screaming fans for Beyonce (or whatever other flavour of the day) hanging over the edge with large banners professing their love of said artist.

From my understanding what FutureMayor said is correct. But there is no need to get upset that the advertising will go up before the construction is 100% complete.

It will be nice this summer to finally experience the true meaning of Yonge-Dundas-Shibuya.

torontopano28zi.jpg

This place will light up twice as bright this summer, over last.

EDIT: For Blixa442

Larger Size Pano

img261.imageshack.us/img261/1833/panobig5an.jpg

Well I was just pouring over the floorplans and I'm surprised that they have patio seatings for the restaurants on the 4th floor of the complex, facing both Yonge Street and overlooking Dundas Square.

Should make for great views!

Louroz

"I'm still concerned that Metropolis won't have enough ads"

Im worried about the same thing. The grey is really going to make the square look dull if it stands out. I think white would have looked better.

Maybe the ads going up before construction's done will be hawking its own unleased spaces...

I only wish they (developers) had built a building(s) on top of GAP and the Pickle Barrel buildings, instead of the metal structure..it seems so out of place-but I guess it might just be a temporary solution until the developers decide to do something bigger and taller..?

Dundas Sq., will be as bright as day during the night once the ads are up. Speaking of lights, are there any spotlights located at Dundas Sq.?

p5

Great photo. Looks like a screenshot from SimCity: Toronto.

Out of idle curiousity, does anyone remember how many pages long the old Metropolis thread reached before it was wiped out in the ezBoard apolcalypse?

This thread is way better than the old thread.

The old thread had a hole in the ground as its focal point, this one actually has a real building, which is almost complete btw.

Back