News   Jun 28, 2024
 2.1K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 567     1 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
What they really need to be working on, is the rounded portion that reaches up to the roof, on the patio of Jack Astors. (south side, facing the square) It was supposed to be covered by some lighting feature, in this original rendering.
Metropolis-small.jpg

http://bowjamesbow.ca/2006/02/08/oh-dear-god.shtml

It would be nice to have that glass canopy, along the roof, like the rendering.

Attachments

• Metropolis-small.jpg
    Metropolis-small.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 2,336
Last edited:
Ya that glass canopy would look slick.

It does, along the Yonge Street side too. Migrating to more animated signs would really help also. I'm pleased to see this urban horror slowly progressing to something just this side of being acceptable.

Until they reclad the structure, it will remain an urban horror for awhile yet - just look at the concrete cladding (if not cast in place) on the footing, yuck.

AoD

Agreed. And the inside still looks terrible and feels dreary (every floor feels like you are in the basement).

The more the merrier down here but if they're going to plaster the intersection with signs at least go full throttle. A great big neon coke bottle, etc. and some cool digital stuff.

I'm pretty sure they work on it overnight. I've never seen anyone there working on it during reasonable hours.

Also, I'm not sure but I think they're removing the Adidas bridge. There used to be a steel beam that went into the structure between the Tim's and Pretzelmaker which was cut out, and all the stuff on the bridge has been removed.

If they remove the bridge, it could let them rejig that dead space behind the escalator

For all those people who said the "industrial ceilings" looked fine, see how much nicer a finished ceiling is. This one isn't all that interesting but it's still much better then the original. It actually looks decent now.

Back