News   Jul 10, 2024
 1.9K     1 
News   Jul 10, 2024
 636     0 
News   Jul 10, 2024
 961     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
argus:

And unfortunately I doubt there is much that could be done with Victoria Street given the bulk. One potential solution would be to narrow it south of Gould to one way, one lane and extend the storefronts right to the edge of the columns.

AoD

They've begun installation on the ticker:
1qJwXJs.jpg

They cannot get rid of those faux fans quick enough. Perhaps we could initiate a crowdfunding campaign?

It's hard to tell from a picture, but that ticker appears to have very dense pixels. It looks like this may be a full blown screen capable of video rather than just a ticker with movie show times as has been speculated here.

It's taken quite a lot of time but I knew that the advertising surrounding the square would incrementally improve due to competition and move on from the cheap static billboards to walls of dynamic light. Samsung's high definition video screen set a benchmark that 10 Dundas East will have to keep up with in order to charge equivalent advertising rates and companies wanting to stand out will have to build ever more elaborate and impressive ads.

Hopefully we'll see the corner screen and its mini companions replaced with one large HD video billboard. The off centre mini screens with two inexplicable rows on the right versus one on the left is hurting my OCD.

Last edited:
They cannot get rid of those faux fans quick enough. Perhaps we could initiate a crowdfunding campaign?

For context, those fans are there because beneath them is a concrete core for the old garage's emergency exit. Still, it would be so easy to continue the wall of glass with opaque spandrel. It's an obvious solution. Hopefully it's followed.

Last edited:
For context, those fans are there because beneath them is a concrete core for the old garage's emergency exit. Still, it would be so easy to continue the wall of glass with opaque spandrel. It's an obvious solution. Hopefully it's followed.

The old garage is along Victoria Street that this place was built around, this is Dundas Street just east of Yonge. Blade Runner faux fans designed by someone who snuck it into the design with a sense of humour, surely not meant to be taken seriously.

The old garage is along Victoria Street that this place was built around, this is Dundas Street just east of Yonge. Blade Runner faux fans designed by someone who snuck it into the design with a sense of humour, surely not meant to be taken seriously.

Here's what's behind the fans:

1172338387.jpg

Last edited:
Here's what's behind the fans:

Right, I remember this thing going up. I'm pretty sure the existing parking garage is where the arrows point to, as taken showing Dundas Street and Victoria Street on the right

Back