News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.4K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 320     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 875     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
I'll leave it to Cal or others to speculate on future improvements (I'm assuming this can only be good news since we are starting at "disappointment"), but.... Toronto Life Square has been sold by Pen Inequity (ala Torch) and the deal closes soon.

In the meantime, Toronto Life has sucked it up and is paying the (shocking) multi-million dollar costs to put up their goddamn signs next month after patio season closes.

Talk about wasting a branding opportunity... miss an entire summer when you can tell folks the name of the building...

I hang out with you 1 time, and you think you know me inside and out, eh...

:p

Anyways, yes this is good, these cheap bastards ( i.e PenEq) are finally out of the downtown mall game. Maybe someone with half a brain can take over the project and put ceilings inside the god damn'd building.

Ceilings would ruin the industrial look of this place.

No matter what they do, I'm sure there'll be complaints.

They need a pretty clever architect and interior designer to get around all the short cuts that were taken in putting this piece of shit together. How do you turn shit into art?

Good.

That's no reason not to try.

They need a pretty clever architect and interior designer to get around all the short cuts that were taken in putting this piece of shit together. How do you turn shit into art?

If it works like fertilizer, there's enough of it here to create something truly outstanding.

New information:

I had a conversation with a key executive at Pen Equity/Toronto Life Square. He said the Toronto Life Square signs will be installed once all the approvals and engineering plans are finalized. They want to be sure all signs convey consistent branding within by-laws and such. He said when approved (date not specified), it will be a sweeping installment. The signs throughout and on the building will be prominent.

I asked if the art deco like sign along the side of building was still a go - he said they are working to have that included.

When does Woo's restaurant open?

:)

The level of finish inside this building remind me of an underground garage. Exposed pipes and ducts (which will collect dust over time) - exposed concrete - look upward and you will see the exposed bare metal underside of the steel roof decking. The ONLY "finished" surfaces are the floors which are simply PAINTED grey!!!. ZERO imagination went into the design of the interior (and only slightly more into the exterior) That such a sub-standard building was allowed to be built at our most important intersection (on land EXPROPRIATED by the City) is a DISGRACE!!!

Will it still be called Toronto Life Square or has this "group" decided to use their own name?

I can only assume the new ownership group would inherit the T Life naming deal... but I have no idea how long that deal lasts.

81743004.jpg

Considering how terrible it looks, it could be a lot worse. Just make the area as campy as possible and it'll all work out.

The Milestones, Jack Astors, Extreme Fitness, etc. signs really help.

They could use one right below the Dirty Dancing ad however.

On another note, how big is the outdoor patio for Milestones? Does it wrap all the way around the West side?

The two patios are a nice touch, and may be quite a savior when all is said and done.

Looks like a couple new restaurants are in the work at TLS. I see some construction work in the interior levels above the Jack Astors. (possibly this WOO restaurant) -

If Jack Astors changed their patio railings to the same as Milestones that would take the building up a notch.

As crappy as the interior of TLS is, we should also be berating the advertisers on the outside of the building. This is the best they can do at Canada's busiest intersection?? Where are Coke and McDonalds and some of the other big spenders? Where is the advertising creativity that this area is crying out for?

Back