News   Jul 12, 2024
 490     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 502     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 274     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
I, for one, like the new AMC! Nice comfy seats, digital projection, good sound, great location.

AMC has megagoogaplexes all over the GTA - if you like driving: Winston Churchill & the QEW, Hurontario & Courtneypark, 400 & 7, Kennedy & 401, and something called 'Whitby', wherever that is...

AMC isnt owned by cineplex... why would you expect SCENE points from them? That would be like taking your Shoppers Optimum card to Rexall and asking for points.

When the hell did movie prices go up though? The last time I was at AMC TLS it was $10 for students. Last night I paid $12.

student tickets were actually $11. it was $2 off the regular admission price.

i have both the scene and moviewatchers card but i'll probably be going to cineplex since it's a lot closer to me and you earn free movies faster.

AMC isnt owned by cineplex... why would you expect SCENE points from them? That would be like taking your Shoppers Optimum card to Rexall and asking for points.

When the hell did movie prices go up though? The last time I was at AMC TLS it was $10 for students. Last night I paid $12.

Reading this at my job in the Scotiabank Call Center gave me a hearty chuckle. Thanks for that Tuscani.

I'm afraid I don't see what's funny, never did I say I expect Cineplex points from AMC... I just fail to see what's the advantage of that AMC over Paramount, since for now, it fails in the price, movies and points categories but wins big in location.

I'll just stick to the first rate Paramount when downtown, that cinema has destination written all over it.

No, that Cinema has Scotiabank written all over it.

scotiabank_theatre_header.jpg

Interesting fact: In the United States, AMC bought Cineplex. Of course there's no longer any relationship between Cineplex US versus Cineplex Canada. Just as there's no relation between Sunoco Canada and Sunoco US or A&P Canada and A&P US.

That said I much prefer AMC over Cineplex. I used to like Famous Players, and I never understood how the smaller guy (Cineplex) managed to buy out the bigger guy (Famous Players). I guess it's Viacom's fault for divesting most of its non-core businesses, e.g. Paramount Parks, Famous Players, Blockbuster, etc.

I've had a MovieWatcher card since AMC Courtneypark opened. So it's pretty old and falling apart. Thus I have an attachment to AMC that may or may not be deserved. If I go to a Cineplex theatre, it's only ones that used to be Famous Players, i.e. Coliseum or Paramount.

I had lunch at Johnny Rockets yesterday. Sure, it's an American chain, but my view is that this is the best thing going for the building. It is refreshingly bright inside with a nice retro feel. It has a good view of the square and is perfect for people watching.

The staff were very friiendly and I bet kids will get a kick at the dancing servers. It will probably be a hit with tourists and those who just want something different than Fran's (not that I'm knocking Fran's). It is a great addition to a corner that has always been on the seedy side.

Food is okay. One annoying thing is that sides such as fries aren't automatically part of your sandwich and you need to order them separately. Fran's is cheaper. The dancing servers may or may not be your thing. I've been to a diner in NYC where the servers sang and danced, but they were aspring actors and dancers waiting tables part time. Those at Johnny Rockets are definitely not in that league.

I thought ProjectEnd's post was hilarious. Really, the debate over cinemas, like all brands, comes down to one's personal preference. I live a stones throw from AMC and have yet to go because they haven't shown any movie that I'm interested in. I usually go to Paramount when Varsity is sold out but 9/10 out of ten I prefer Varsity. Now that's a movie-going experience.

Reading this at my job in the Scotiabank Call Center gave me a hearty chuckle. Thanks for that Tuscani.

Anytime

Interesting fact: In the United States, AMC bought Cineplex. Of course there's no longer any relationship between Cineplex US versus Cineplex Canada. Just as there's no relation between Sunoco Canada and Sunoco US or A&P Canada and A&P US.

That said I much prefer AMC over Cineplex. I used to like Famous Players, and I never understood how the smaller guy (Cineplex) managed to buy out the bigger guy (Famous Players). I guess it's Viacom's fault for divesting most of its non-core businesses, e.g. Paramount Parks, Famous Players, Blockbuster, etc.

I've had a MovieWatcher card since AMC Courtneypark opened. So it's pretty old and falling apart. Thus I have an attachment to AMC that may or may not be deserved. If I go to a Cineplex theatre, it's only ones that used to be Famous Players, i.e. Coliseum or Paramount.

I too have only picked AMC over Cineplex since AMC Courtneypark opened. I find its a more mature crowd at AMC. Coliseum is where all the 15 year olds go to see movies.

I too have only picked AMC over Cineplex since AMC Courtneypark opened. I find its a more mature crowd at AMC. Coliseum is where all the 15 year olds go to see movies.

Ditto, for the same reasons I prefer AMC in Scarborough over Coliseum or Eglinton Town Centre (though i'm partial to AMC since I worked there many years ago). But it all comes down to what movie you want to watch. I'll go to the place that shows what I want to watch.

Back