News   Jul 12, 2024
 362     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 432     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 255     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
There's still immature people at AMC Courtneypark. I went there with my ex-bf when we were still dating a couple years ago and we were sharing a drink or whatever and these girls behind us asked if we were going out or whatever and wanted us to kiss for them. It was cute in a way but a little annoying. We kissed because we weren't ashamed, but when they wanted us to do it again we didn't because we didn't want to be a circus attraction.

went to chiptole mexican grill on the weekend and i gotta say it was quite good.
i had a steak burrito btw :)

I had lunch at Johnny Rockets yesterday. Sure, it's an American chain, but my view is that this is the best thing going for the building. It is refreshingly bright inside with a nice retro feel. It has a good view of the square and is perfect for people watching.

The staff were very friiendly and I bet kids will get a kick at the dancing servers. It will probably be a hit with tourists and those who just want something different than Fran's (not that I'm knocking Fran's). It is a great addition to a corner that has always been on the seedy side.

Looking at Johnny Rocket's through the window gave me the heebie jeebies. Retro is not the word that came to my mind... all I could think was "nostalgic". A little slice of Pleasantville on Dundas Square.

But that might just be me. I'm glad it's there and I'm sure the tourists will love it.

I went to Johnny Rockets on opening day and I doubt I'll ever go back. A burger, onion rings, and a shake set me back $23. I think the tourists will be keeping that place in business, not the locals.

So who were the UT Forumers on the escalator in front of me this evening? You should have said 'hello!'

I just fail to see what's the advantage of that AMC over Paramount, since for now, it fails in the price, movies and points categories but wins big in location.

you just answered your own question: the advantage of AMC over Paramount is its location.

I went to Johnny Rockets on opening day and I doubt I'll ever go back. A burger, onion rings, and a shake set me back $23. I think the tourists will be keeping that place in business, not the locals.

We looked at doing JR in Buffalo this pass week and they were offering a movie ticket with your meal. We walk by it and eat else where that was better and cheaper.

It cost me under $25 for a rib dinner and drinks at Friday.

I always walk by JR at Sq One when I am over there.

Sort of TLS related, the pedestrian scramble in action at Yonge & Dundas. Many seem a little hesitant to cross the middle of the intersection.

flickr pic by bensonkua....

2832418000_315a31f933_b.jpg

Back