News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.6K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 726     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
I was walking by the building on the west side of Yonge Street today and noticed for the first time the incredible amount of noise coming from it. I think the source of all this noise was the rooftop cooler. I actually found the noise to be pretty offensive and disruptive of my enjoyment of the usual urban street noise.

Wow, the haters are really scraping the bottom of the barrell now. Too much noise from the HVAC? So what urban street noise are you not able to enjoy? The audible pedestrian crossing signals or the sound of a kid driving a $3,000 Honda Civic with a $5,000 sound system in the trunk?

If Ahab's innocent observation irritated you that much, the other 331 pages of this thread will have you in tears.

If Ahab's innocent observation irritated you that much, the other 331 pages of this thread will have you in tears.

I appreciate the news updates and the pictures. I have long grown tired of both the criticism and defence of this building in large part because I thought everything that could be said about this building has been. Apparently I was wrong. The building has a new sin. It drowns out other urban noise.

It's official guys, TLS has hit rock bottom. I thought it could still be reedeemable, assuming the HVAC units weren't noisy; but this news has sealed its fate.

I took this from khristopher's post in the Scramble crossing thread (trans and inf). Seeing this image made me almost smile, seeing the Yoplait ad finally taken down. TLS doesn't look too bad in this shot either

yonge-dundas_scramble_01.jpg

I can't wait to see that scramble intersection in action!!! - that will be cool.

The railing at milestones looks fantastic in that shot!! - maybe other retailers at the building will follow with additions that make the place a little more bearable for the critics.

Vin Diesel rocks!!

:)

It's official guys, TLS has hit rock bottom. I thought it could still be reedeemable, assuming the HVAC units weren't noisy; but this news has sealed its fate.

I have been on both the Jack Astor's and milestone's patios and have never heard HVAC noise...people are fishing.

The pedestrian traffic at Yonge and Dundas seems to be going off the chart. And these new stores in the area need that traffic flow to support their up & coming businesses.

Milestones, with the exception of the patio always seems to be empty. However they have some nice window seats overlooking the square/advertising. And as I mentioned the patio railing is really nice.

The new foodcourt seems 3 to 4 times more busy than the foodcourt across the street at the Atrium.... but that's just my perception, I could be wrong. I'm usually only in the area in the evenings or weekends - during business hours it may be the opposite.

Granted, I haven't seen the ad in person so I'll take your word on it that it's worse, but I couldn't stand the yogurt anymore.

Trust him, its horrible. Its also a slap in the face. Whoever allowed that ad to go there should be fired. A Pennsylvania tourism ad in one of Toronto's prime tourist areas?

Nothing like... "Welcome to Toronto, now come visit Pennsylvania!"

Back