News   Jul 17, 2024
 396     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 872     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 1.1K     2 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
I don't mean the exterior, I just mean the decorations and the organization scheme inside. It's quite futuristic. Maybe I used the wrong word. Meh.

Maybe a dystopian future where everyone is bankrupt and nobody can afford to tile floors or cover up electrical and HVAC guts in the ceiling.

You can't even call it utilitarian; it's just half-assed.

Sidewalk complete

The sidewalk outside of TLS on the north side of Dundas, east of Yonge is complete

PICT1562.jpg

Wow they really spared no expense with that sidewalk. How much you wanna bet that orange and black pylon will still be there by Thanksgiving.

<snip-snip>....
I'm still hoping and holding out for some of that fun, fussy detailing along the roofline. Walking south on Yonge around Gould Street or eastward on Dundas between Yonge & Bay reveals numerous steel HVAC rooftop units, rooftop stairs etc. which stick out like a sore thumb, it looks like hell... <snip-snip>

Attention to the roof of TLS...

PICT1566.jpg

PICT1569.jpg

PICT1571.jpg

PICT1572.jpg

Wow they really spared no expense with that sidewalk. How much you wanna bet that orange and black pylon will still be there by Thanksgiving.

Toronto is such a joke when it comes to street beauty. Is that supposed to be an example of sidewalk highlights? We need more gay city counsellors and construction workers to add some pizazz to our streets.

PICT1562.jpg

Please wait here for streetcar while we blow food exhaust onto you. Has anyone smelled what comes out of those vents by the sidewalks? I seriously hope they aren't exhausting the food court there.

What a piece of garbage.

psst to the new guy: this isn't modernism. it's post-brutalconsumerism

and i'm glad they replaced the cardboard/wooden/plastic "Dundas" station sign at the doorway with a real backlit one. I'm surprised they used the "standard" pylon sign though and not the "new" one they are going to use at Osgoode

Back