News   Jul 05, 2024
 1.5K     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 1.4K     12 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 597     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
"complete lack of architectural presence,"

Has plenty of presence to me. It's just you guys have bad taste, sorry!

Is this the best that could have been done with the space? I don't think so. I think a far better-looking building could have gone up; one with a far more useful interior space.

Does that constitute bad taste?

I had a chance to take a look around today and I wasn't at all impressed. The theatre lobby looks dated and I sure hope the exposed lighting and ceilings aren't permanent. The food court was pretty embarrassing.

[DDOI] delivers again with "Planet Dundas Square".

dundas-square_planet_day_01.jpg

Hey, TLS looks great like that!

Are you sure you weren't meant to be an American? You sound like one of those people that says if you don't support the war in Iraq you are unpatriotic and if you don't like the hassles at the airport you should go live somewhere else. The reason people would be against crap in this city is BECAUSE they care. If crap was being built somewhere else they wouldn't be complaining about it.

That is barbaric to say Canadians shouldn't be equally supportive, positive and patriotic about their cities as the Americans. If all one sees is the negative and cynicism, where is the pride and care in that? Where's the balance?

Yes, I agree, Toronto Life Square could be different or better in some respects. Overall the project is terrific. How could it not be? Do you remember what was there before? Is the complex finished? Let's be fair first!

Lately this forum has been drowning in negative comments. I think some should be filtered out. One's frustrations and bitterness should not be targeted to this website, unless due fairness and substantiated fact. Perhaps the criticism should follow with concrete steps on how to improve it? Just a thought. :)

---

I heard through the grapevine Milestone's will be a split restaurant to include a dancing/martini area with a DJ. A first for the restaurant. The idea is to make Dundas Square attractive for Bay Streeters to hang out after work too. It will be modeled after the popular nightclub/martini place near Hard Rock Cafe - can't remember the name. This is what my sources tell me. ;)

Overall the project is terrific.
That is your opinion and it is wrong.

Lately this forum has been drowning in negative comments. I think some should be filtered out. One's frustrations and bitterness should not be targeted to this website, unless due fairness and substantiated fact. Perhaps the criticism should follow with concrete steps on how to improve it? Just a thought. :)

Fact: this building sucks and is ugly. There is ample substantiation of this fact in this thread in the form of pictures and eye-witness testimony.

/s'funny, I actually don't mind the Victoria St. side...

/crazy, I know..

That is barbaric to say Canadians shouldn't be equally supportive, positive and patriotic about their cities as the Americans. If all one sees is the negative and cynicism, where is the pride and care in that? Where's the balance?

Yes, I agree, Toronto Life Square could be different or better in some respects. Overall the project is terrific. How could it not be? Do you remember what was there before? Is the complex finished? Let's be fair first!

---

I heard through the grapevine Milestone's will be a split restaurant to include a dancing/martini area with a DJ. A first for the restaurant. The idea is to make Dundas Square attractive for Bay Streeters to hang out after work too. It will be modeled after the popular nightclub/martini place near Hard Rock Cafe - can't remember the name. This is what my sources tell me. ;)

Don't you know Patriot? It's much cooler to be negative. Makes you look artsy and like you have supreme taste and stuff. Excuse me sir, do you have any grey poupon?

Toronto Life Square rocks and will more so when its finished.

Don't you know Patriot? It's much cooler to be negative. Makes you look artsy and like you have supreme taste and stuff. Excuse me sir, do you have any grey poupon?

Toronto Life Square rocks and will more so when its finished.

Gee, thanks for sharing. We're not just negative, we're taste supremacists.

"That is barbaric to say Canadians shouldn't be equally supportive, positive and patriotic about their cities as the Americans"

Gee - read any American architectural criticism lately? Also - wouldn't being a gung-ho Canadian patriot immediately cast doubt on conscientiously imitating Americanisms? Anyhoo....

"Supportive, positive and - *cough* - patriotic" does not exclude thinking, discernment, criticism, style, personal taste and even umbrageous harshness. Besides - it's more than a bit ridiculous to equate one's aesthetic judgement on Toronto Life Square as a measure of their loyalty or affection for their country.

Back