News   Jun 25, 2024
 538     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 633     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.2K     3 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Rarely does one get to see the values of horror vacui - so characteristic of the mentally unstable and the advertising industry - writ quite so large, literally, as here.

There is soooooooo much more to come with this building. We haven't even yet seen the best with regards to the signage.

I'm still waiting for the sponsor signage!!! - This could really bring the entire project up a notch.

Rarely does one get to see the values of horror vacui - so characteristic of the mentally unstable and the advertising industry - writ quite so large, literally, as here.

I disagree. As an avenue and vehicle of expression- I think anybody dedicated to this form of artistic investigation would be offended by a suggestion of ANY equivalent to the dundas sq. development. PERIOD.

Wish I hadn't thrown this out because of my learning disability but it was becoming completely god-eared.

Easy_English_Dictionary.jpg

Boggy: I disagree - what the ad industry hath wrought at Dundas Square is much closer to the Cheddingtonista movement - applying their pippypoos and doodads to buildings - than it is to, say, a Jackson Pollock drip painting. One fills space - out of fear of it, in order to tame it - while the other explores and renders it as a work of art.

I made a film about Jackson Pollock.

Does that give me licence to tell that drip to shove it up...

Up and away?

...on Cloud 9?

Anyway, to re-re-reiterate for perspective's sake, this was the generation-ago equivalent of TLS
hi-logo.gif

No no no!

Like it or hate it, they actually hired architects to design the Holiday Inn. Surely no architects were in any way molested when TLS went up; there's certainly no evidence of any professional involvement in its construction.

The Holiday Inn on King would have been a better building if it was built in Miami. - That white is blinding, almost like it was transplated to Toronto from the tropics.

TLS fits into it's environment quite well.

"Horror vacui - fear of emptiness - is the driving force in contemporary American taste. Along with the commercial interests that exploit this interest, it is the major factor now shaping attitudes toward public spaces, urban spaces, and even urban sprawl."

- Herbert Muschamp, New York Times, August 21 2000

No no no!

Like it or hate it, they actually hired architects to design the Holiday Inn. Surely no architects were in any way molested when TLS went up; there's certainly no evidence of any professional involvement in its construction.

yes...it was drawn on a napkin every night as they went along over at the Hard Rock...come on.

Jeeze, let's stay on topic people! Why argue about things already decided? seriously. Get over it.

Toronto Life Square -

Construction crews were installing the hooks for the final sign today.

A new retail store will open next to Xtreme Fitness...there's a notice on the door with construction crews working on drywall and fixtures...but it doesn't say the name of the store? any news??

Addidas is slated for a mid-April opening.

AMC erected a HUGE sign in the atrium announcing their March 28th opening.

Back