News   Mar 28, 2024
 130     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.6K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.2K     2 

The seemingly terminal decline of Tim Hortons

The Tim Hortons "Innovation Cafe" at 130 King West has closed:

It innovated itself out of existence. I wonder if anyone is going to write a report to see if any of the "innovations" percolated to the rest of the chain.

AoD

It innovated itself out of existence. I wonder if anyone is going to write a report to see if any of the "innovations" percolated to the rest of the chain.

AoD

I don't know why someone in the Finance District would pay $4 for a "gourmet donut" when you could purchase a far superior, hand crafted pastry for the same price.

I don't know why someone in the Finance District would pay $4 for a "gourmet donut" when you could purchase a far superior, hand crafted pastry for the same price.

My mother commented last night that every time she went there the selection was minimal at best. Not worth a special trip and once the hype died down so did the traffic.

Personally I prefer me a sour cream glazed.

The Tim Hortons "Innovation Cafe" at 130 King West has closed:

I never got the connection until just now that this was opened in the building where Tim Horton's moved its headquarters from Oakville, and right at the same time they moved in. This store was a play-thing for the head office staff, who probably got everything free, or at a steep discount.
They probably secured the space there nominally "rent free" as a part of their leasing deal with the building (it was really included in the rent of their floor of the building.)

Last edited:
I actually enjoyed the Innovation Cafe when I visited last year (pre-pandemic). Nice atmosphere and we all enjoyed the specialty doughnuts.

My mother commented last night that every time she went there the selection was minimal at best. Not worth a special trip and once the hype died down so did the traffic.

Personally I prefer me a sour cream glazed.
On my twice or thrice daily wfh covid walk with the Missus I sometimes pop into Timmies to get a treat for the spawn, and we’re almost always disappointed with the lack of selection. What‘s the point of offering assorted Tim Bits if you only have three kinds?

We’ve pretty much given up and now walk to http://absolutecafe.ca/ for some of the best pastries in the area.

Ha!

Deserves excerpts:

1620101187784.png

1620101225700.png

1620101244758.png

Old adage for lawyers...............never ask a question to which you do not know the answer.

I assume Tim's Social Media staff didn't go to law school.....

The majority of us visit this thread to share or read the latest takedown of Tim's.

I'm not a humour column kind of guy...........but I caught Vinay Menon's column today which is a Tim's takedown for the ages.

For those that need a boost past the paywall:

Excerpts from the above:

1620247392509.png

1620247433304.png

"After every sip, I bolted for the bathroom to brush my teeth and exfoliate my tongue with an old loofah sponge."

1620247678696.png

That's only a part of what he said in print..............

Pretty sure he's off their Christmas list.....

Last edited:

Back