News   Apr 18, 2024
 287     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 1.5K     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 414     0 

The seemingly terminal decline of Tim Hortons

I have got them before but I usually toss them. No amount of coupons could convince me to go there.

I actually re-gifted around 200 dollars in Tims Cards this past Christmas because I really prefer not to go there. $200 in free coffee and yet I still refuse to go there.

I used to give the 100 dollar gift cards we'd get from work to homeless people. Wow, did that ever make their friggin day! I asked for Starbucks gift card this year....I'm keeping that one, though their tea bags are bullshit plastic.

Tim Hortons officially launching Timbits cereal across Canada

Kayla Gladysz | Jan 6 2020, 6:41 am

View attachment 224135

View attachment 224136
The Sobeys (Marlee and Ridelle location) were selling them for $3 per box. I believe that other grocery stores are selling them as well.

Their coffee is not tasty. Their donuts even at their freshest taste almost stale. And sometimes their timbits are straight out stale out of the store. Go buy Krispy Kreme donut. Eat them the next day, still fresh. Buy a donut at timmies and try it the next day, it will be stale if it didn't taste it already.

Their eggs in their breakfast sandwiches are premade. They cant even crack their eggs in store, that's bad. Tried their waffle breaky sandwich. The waffle tasted hard and bland straight out of a pakage. . Almost all their sugary drinks are too sweet. They can't even put whip cream on their drinks they put this chemical tasting oil derived substance on that tastes like crap. If you can't get whip cream right you got a problem. Bought a piece of banana bread their once was drier then the Sierra dessert. Never had dry banana bread before until that.

What keeps them still popular I think is the lack of fast coffee/food competition, if we had Duncan up here I think they'd be hurting more.

Timbits cereal a novelty, but may dilute Tim Hortons brand, experts say

The Canadian Press
January 12, 2020

Reading through this thread and I had forgotten about those eclairs at Tim's. Wow, they were crappy (this was in the 80's). Flavourless pastry, fake whipped topping, chocolate that didn't taste like chocolate. Oh, and the whipped topping would get crusty after a while. Proof that not everything was good at Tim's in the old days.

Most of the offerings at Tim's these days are crap, but I do get a steeped tea most days. I find tea at places like Starbucks has a coffee taste to it (I hate coffee), like everything there is permeated with it. At least the steeped tea is made in a machine that's used for tea only.

So, for the 1st time in ages, I could be found, briefly, in a Tim's today.

I happened to be downtown for a meeting.

It occurred to me, I still hadn't seen/tried the Innovation Cafe.

Exchange Tower is under heavy construction so Tim's is invisible from the outside at the moment.

Observations:

1) At 2:30pm, zero lineup, the novelty seems to have worn off.

2) Selection of doughnuts is actually not all that large, I might have thought larger for the 'flagship'. Perhaps 10-12 varieties, plus 4 varieties of Tim Bits.

3) Place was moderately busy (seated traffic)

4) I didn't want lunch, so just trying pastry, decided to make nice with some people and bought an assorted of the 3 tim bit flavours that were new to me (they also had the birthday variety)

Cookies N' Cream: Old fashioned timbit covered in oreo cookies
Chocolate Truffle: Chocolate timbit covered in chocolate shavings
Coffee Crumble Cake: Sour cream glazed timbit covered w/some sort of coffee flavour I believe.

Of these, none were remarkable, they were fine; the last suggested itself as an idea with potential, but needs some tweaking. It reminded me of coffee cake; but the flavour is all on the outside.
It needs a streusal layer on the inside!

Based on that, nothing I would go out of my way for................

Of note, they are 24/7, most unusual for a York and Adelaide location. I guess someone at head office works late.

The Sobeys (Marlee and Ridelle location) were selling them for $3 per box. I believe that other grocery stores are selling them as well.

What's that article starting off with? ha

It should read: "If you're a lover of poor health, diabetes, inflammation, and heart attacks......"

Timbits cereal, my eye.

Most of the offerings at Tim's these days are crap, but I do get a steeped tea most days. I find tea at places like Starbucks has a coffee taste to it (I hate coffee), like everything there is permeated with it. At least the steeped tea is made in a machine that's used for tea only.

What the hell are you talking about? I think your neurons may be misfiring, no joke....your taste buds are broken. :p

I'm no fan of Starbucks (plastic tea bags, for one) but what tea are you having there? They only have bagged tea that is packaged seperately and pour hot water that is supplied directly from the water supply. There is no cross-pollination with coffee.

Back