News   May 01, 2024
 302     0 
News   May 01, 2024
 351     0 
News   May 01, 2024
 392     0 

The seemingly terminal decline of Tim Hortons

I could well be in violation. I don't do drive-through so as a walk-in customer, standing in line with one poor staffer working the counter while several work the drive-through, you could conceivably exceed the 'loitering' time decree (actually, I wouldn't; I would, and have, walked out).

I wasn't so much commenting on the problem the notice is trying to solve as I was on the failings of the notice itself.

Tims are working with Wayne Gretzky for their newest commercial concept:

The National Post has decided to way in on this subject.

Is Tim Horton's Classic the answer?

To Calum Marsh: Tim Hortons stopped selling Coca-Cola in its standalone locations since 2007 (2011 in the United States). Yes, I have read the article, which is mostly about the New Coke fiasco.

Last edited:
Tim Hortons officially launching Timbits cereal across Canada

Kayla Gladysz | Jan 6 2020, 6:41 am

1578332141659.png

1578332156509.png

New line of "Dream Donuts" released at Tims:

LOL.

"With 56 years of experience, and billions of donuts served, Tims holds a coveted spot as the donut expert in Canada. Tim Hortons new lineup of new Dream Donuts is a treat for guests' taste buds with premium fillings and toppings and a treat for guests' eyes with playful icing swirls and colourful confetti. Guests across Canada will now be able to enjoy three decadent Dream Donuts bursting with exciting flavour combinations that Canadians are sure to dream about."

And they can't even do regular chocolate dip right - i.e. with actual chocolate flavour. Good luck with that ganache :rolleyes:

AoD

Faux ganache?

Ganache, despite being quite good when done properly is exceedingly simple to make, and not expensive either. At $1.99 per doughnut they can afford the real thing.

It will almost certainly be prepared in a commissary and shipped. That's actually do-able, though the sheen is hard to maintain over time.

I'd be far more leery of 'whipped chocolate' as the normal way in which one would create that does not hold up well in transit; and likely means a variety of additives, but I can't say that for sure.

I understand the product at the 'innovation cafe' isn't half bad; haven't been myself, as I refuse to stand in line for that; perhaps the novelty has subsided by now and I may investigate.

Regardless, the biggest problem w/Tim's Doughnuts is that they are par-baked and frozen off-site and then shipped to stores and finished there.

That move more than any other damned the quality of their product.

It also meant they chopped all the trained bakers from Tim's locations, eons ago now, and that reflected a migration towards greater variety of increasingly cheap food that's re-heat and assemble in stores.

Back